Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help

And when you've been trying to figure out a way into a machine you set up for that purpose for 11 hours and can't seem to figure it out, that whole firing a gun thing makes you feel better Especially when you realize you forgot a period.

Quote Originally Posted by gore View Post
    And when you've been trying to figure out a way into a machine you set up for that purpose for 11 hours and can't seem to figure it out, that whole firing a gun thing makes you feel better Especially when you realize you forgot a period.
    lol. I have a stack of old computer cases for just that purpose.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Yea, I've fired an AK-47, a Mini - 14, and a 12 Gauge all in the same day. It's kind of refreshing.

I don't really have any guns now that fire. The only gun I own is a German Mauser from 1891, which I don't plan on using because of how nice it is. More of a collectible and something I think is cool than something I'd want to fire with.

Wow. That is pretty sweet. Almost 120 yrs old...

I don't own any guns, but one of my friends has a freaking arsenal. He works at a gun shop. I couldn't even name all of the firearms he has. I know my favorite is the AR-15 though. Those things rock. His AK-47 is pretty nice, but it starts hurting my shoulder about 3/4 of the way through his 70 round drum... heh. The AR has very little kick.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Dude, when I was shooting the SK, it didn't have much kick at all. I'm a pretty big guy, and I do have decent arm strength and all that from years of being injured and having to sit down by using my arms on the arm rests of a chair to sit down without it hurting a lot, but I do recall the AK-47 not having too much kick.

The clip we used I think was for 100 rounds. My best friend owns an AK-47, the M-14, and a sawed off 12 Gauge, which DOES kick. The AK rounds are so neat, and he buys in bulk for shooting. He has boxes of a thousand rounds stacked up, and so we'd load up, load the M-14, and grab some slugs, Buck Shots, and other shells for the 12, and then go shoot.

The biggest kick was for sure the 12. He is pretty good with it and sawed it off to a safety point, which is odd really since it's not exactly safe to shoot one that's been sawed down, but it was mostly because of the bigger bang it made lol.

I remember the first time I fired his 12, I thought I had been hit my a cinder block. It literally felt like someone punched you with a cinder block when you fired it.

M-14 had basically no kick. I could fire than and the AK with one hand though I don't recommend it unless you're careful, because when it starts recoiling to fire the next round, it will eventually start coming up, and you don't want to shoot at anything that is going to not stop an armor piercing round.

I didn't want the thing to go spraying bullets obviously, so I held it down, and then when I emptied the clip I went back to the AK-47. I've actually taken a shell casing in the mouth from one.

When I was younger and stupid, he was firing it, and I walked next to him on the side that the shells were spitting out of, and he didn't know I was being stupid, so while he was firing, I for some reason walked by, and a spent casing hit me with in the lip.

It took a while for it to stop bleeding. One of my front teeth stopped it from going in the rest of the way. The thing literally hit me on my top lip, and went rigt through and hit me in the tooth after cutting right through my lip.

I had to hold it down for a while before the bleeding finally stopped. I felt so stupid and my best friend, who is very VERY much into shooting safely, wasn't happy with me. He taught me how to shoot, and was also the one who taught me how to do stunt driving, and controlled slides and all that.

His outlook is to learn the things you use properly. Doesn't matter if it's a car or a gun, learn to use it and use it safely. He was actually the one who got me into street racing too. He's the only person who's ever beat me lol.

Most people when they first get their license, like to drive fast, and he basically said that if I was going to, I need to be careful and learn HOW to drive at high speeds, before doing it. Started out pretty slow; Like 70 or so MPH, well within legal speed limits here.

I learned quick that the faster you drive, the less you touch the steering wheel for it to do something, which I thought was a great thing to learn because now I can do over 150 MPH without loosing control. And of course telling people not to look out the side window, because after 150, you'll puke if you look because your brain tries to comprehend everything you're seeing but it's too fast lol.

Update:
    tried adding in more addresses: "01c7a18b", "5393427e","7c9d30d7"
    which are 1) the address which ended up in EIP when I caused the crash replacing my JMP ESP from the first script... eg I entered that first address as the four bits which overwirte EIP with the addr of JMP ESP in user32.dll as stated in the first post. The first address in the list in this post is what was in EIP at the time of the crash. 2) address of JMP ESP in system32... actually once it crashed EIP held "00000000" 3) I don't even know what this address was supposed to hold but when I tried it I was again not taken to my shellcode.
    if anyone is interested I am using slmail55_4433.exe available at the offensive-security website, on a win xp sp2 vm.
    @Linen0ise I believe that the DEP started with vista, and works by randomizing the first two bits of the address of core dlls at boot. But I might be wrong and there would probably be ways to circumvent DEP with some kind of egghunter maybe???
    Thank you guys for the comments. any more ideas would be great.
    ey3l45h

Banned
    actually once it crashed EIP held "00000000"
    Its supposed to do that since its no longer held in memory. Without the process up and running there would be no need to store a memory address.