View Poll Results: I vow to cause harm to computers and the information contained therein

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, Spec!

3 60.00%
  • No. Im a by-product of web 2.0

2 40.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Time to act. Time to fallow through.

Nihil; They get Diamonds in Africa. I just assumed it was common knowledge. Amazing how badly these people in Africa are treated and screwed even today, with so many Diamonds coming straight from two regions there. They had a special on it on the History Channel, and how a lot of the groups against us will go there and look for Diamonds so they can fund things.
    Nope, the "Taliban", although I treat that term with as much respect as I do "Hacker" when I encounter it in the gutter media, are the last vestiges of a feudal, clan type society of minor warlords. They don't leave Afghanistan......that's Al Quaeda.....................who are probably responsible for the roadside bombs as well. The Taliban (local bandits) will toss a mortar or an RPG, but that's about as far as it goes.

Opium dealers pay the Taliban protection money...........or they get killed and maybe their crops burned.........although I am firmly convinced that most of that is CIA instigated.

They care as much about the morality of drugs as the North Africans do about alcohol, as far as Islam is concerned. A lot of wine is produced in those former French colonies....... "make it but don't use it" ???????

The Taliban are not against anything apart from each other and foreign interference.

It is the parasitical mullahs and Al Quaeda that your misinforming media are getting confused by.

At the height of the Victorian British Empire, we fought 3 wars against the little buggers and didn't win one...........so we ended up by buying them off, just like rulers before us and the drug traffickers of today

Forget the Islamic crap you read...........they are anarchists and don't like centralised government or control...............and what do all major religions, including Islam represent............. go figure.

I think both you and gore are over generalizing large groups of people, but nihil's understanding of the Taliban more closely matches reality, I think. Taliban aren't a group of religious intolerants being faithful to their Koran, they're just intolerant towards anything that messes with the way of life they're used to living. Which, eh, who can blame them, really?
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I just have an issue Believing that any group can be true Anarchy if they have structure. They have structure, which in itself, is not Anarchy. I can sit and listen to 200 high school kids with an "A" Circled on their back packs tell me 200 very different meanings of Anarchy, and not once will they be right. They can't even say yes or no if I say "I was Aarchy, an "N" was added to it to make it easier to pronounce" and they have no idea.

I saw it when I was in high school, and not one of those little shits actually Believed in it, because they'd be scared. They'd say they hated cops, hated authority, and yet had a BMW or two in the drive way because their parents were rich, it was almost funny.

The only Anarchy I can think of is the Piranha. In particular, a Red Belly. They're schooling fish, yet no one is a leader. With Wolfs, you have an Alpha and Beta Male, same thing with other grouped animals, but with Piranhas, it's actually kind of interesting; They school for protection, and there is no leader, everyone does as they please, and then, if they hear or see another feeding, they react to it. I've kept them as pets and studied them for years.

The same thing, although opposite, happens with Ants; They have a structure, they have Soldiers, and a Queen. Very very govt oriented. But with Piranhas, it's like, there's a school of Red Bellies, and they are all equals, there's no leader, nothing. The only time you see anything, is when they feed. A Feeding frenzy is really interesting because they all take a bite, and turn away, allowing each mouth a shot until something is gone.

Pirate's were similar except they ad a Captain of the ship. However, when they weren't in a battle, the Captain had no Authority over anyone, and was actually voted in. That's still not Anarchy though.

That's my issue with labeling someone, or a group, who has a structure and leaders, as Anarchistic. I've only met one person in my entire life who truly Believed in Anarchy, and that's not saying much considering the number of people I know with that symbol tattooed on their bodies.

EDIT:

I'll give you the Opium part for them, but the Anarchy part, I can't. Any group with structure and or leaders, or even some form of rank, can't by definition, be Anarchy. Anarchy would require 0 govt, and no rank, everyone is equal in that. And I'm pretty sure they have at least higher ranking members.
    Last edited by gore; June 27th, 2011 at 11:31 PM.

the (A) is something...it will never be realized...the democracy is farce...there is no stricture governing people that will ever hold true to it's ideals...

Yea, my point more or less is that Anarchy can't work. I mean there's a few people (VERY few) who actually do Believe in it, but I don't. I don't think Anarchy would ever work anywhere.

The reason for this, is that if you look at any given country on this Earth, they're all pretty similar in terms of Intelligence; I'll use the Classroom analogy again, and say this; Imagine a classroom with 30 kids in it; 5 of those kids are stupid, and basically idiots, 5 others are very smart, and basically a genius, the rest, the other 20, are average. That's basically (on a very small scale) how countries like we are. We have a small percent of people who are VERY stupid, and a small percent of people who are VERY smart. The rest are average people.

I saw a few years ago during the Presidential Debates and all that, the Republicans were saying they were going to vote for Sarah Palin, and when someone brought up the fact that she couldn't really name anything she read, they said no one should get dinged for that because "Well she's just one of the Americans living in the country. So what if she shoots moose and goes snowmobiling? I do that too!"....

That's basically a direct quote, it's also funny... I don't know about you, but I'd want to vote for someone smarter than I am. I don't vote, but if I did, I'd vote for someone I felt was smarter than I am. Maybe it's just me lol.

I mean when you have people literally voting for someone they'd like to party with or have a beer with, that's ****ing stupid. We voted for the Cow Boy from Toy Story? Great...

I read a lot of books and things about History, because it's one of the things I find interesting. And when I do this, I notice here and there, that people USED to vote for the person who best suited their wishes.

They'd vote for someone who was going to do what THEY wanted done, and the person was smart. Now, we base entire elections on who is for and against things like Abortion??? WTF are we doing?

I don't know about you, but when I think of who's running things; I'd like them to be smarter than I am, because I know I'd screw it up. So when some idiot Republican says they voted for a guy they'd like to go drinking with, there's something wrong.

Your analogy leaves out physical prowess, though. That is something we all had to deal with?

I wouldn't necessarily want them all to be smarter then me, just have better ideas.

Judging from the poll results (two votes) I'd say no one gives a ****. At least no one the still visits AO.

Anyway... Spec - if you want to create your own bot-net and launch an attack aginst the Internet - I have a few processors and some memory you can use.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Quote Originally Posted by dinowuff View Post
    Judging from the poll results (two votes) I'd say no one gives a ****. At least no one the still visits AO.

Anyway... Spec - if you want to create your own bot-net and launch an attack aginst the Internet - I have a few processors and some memory you can use.
    ^, they're mostly on public systems, but I think that's still legal...oh wait, it isn't....nvm.

HYBR|D
    Welp the votes are tied.

we need 1 more "Victim" oop's i mean Contestant Yes Contestant to step up and cast a lucky vote.

Quote Originally Posted by gore View Post
    Yea, my point more or less is that Anarchy can't work.
    By it's nature, it can't work, it will always fall back into some form of control...Anarchy will only ever work with a very small group of people...and even then, people will insist on "rules" that other people follow...