Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF 4.0

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTeWrangler View Post
    We should ban anymore Firefox thread's.
    & JPnyc should add "Opera" to the word censor. Such a diiiirty word dat is...

Still going with the "Well I like Firefox and someone else thinks Opera is better so I have to hate it" thing huh?

If you like Firefox, or the idea of it, but have started to realize it's a load of ****, why not just get Seamonkey? That's what I use when I want something like that.... It's based on the same code for the most part... Or at least from what I've seen... The main difference is that it's about 100 times more stable, and takes WAY less resources. Oh and it looks nicer and has a better Email Client that doesn't need a ****ing gig of RAM to work.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by gore View Post
    Still going with the "Well I like Firefox and someone else thinks Opera is better so I have to hate it" thing huh?

If you like Firefox, or the idea of it, but have started to realize it's a load of ****, why not just get Seamonkey? That's what I use when I want something like that.... It's based on the same code for the most part... Or at least from what I've seen... The main difference is that it's about 100 times more stable, and takes WAY less resources. Oh and it looks nicer and has a better Email Client that doesn't need a ****ing gig of RAM to work.
    Actually Allen, i have it installed as i like to use it everynow and again to see & feel how this beta version of firefox is going, I regularly use Chrome also as i like to see how There development of that browser is doing also.

There personally not my favourite browser, or browser of choice. My response to Byte was more well if they're going to ban all firefox talk then they may as well ban all Opera talk and the other browser names also.

I've used seamonkey in the past i agree it is a nice browser once setup & configured to your needs.

Personally i prefer internet explorer 7 it works with my custom applications and it allows me to use "Addons" flash and adblocking is available. It just works and enables me to do the task's i require to do.

i suprisignly have not had much ie9 beta use, i am not sure on the interface i feel they have tried to mimik chrome to much and it's a complete hassle to change the interface up to get things were i like.

I don't use Chrome. My wife LOVES it, and you'll be Happy to know that I listen to, at least once a day "YOU should use Chrome! No it's better than Opera.... Yes it is!.... Oh that was mean!"... I have these installed for Windows:

Opera - Seamonkey - And whatever IE comes with Windows 7 after you've installed all the security patches and so on. I Honestly don't know what it is, but it does seem to work OK when I've used it. Which wasn't much.

I just got some new ones on Debian. The first thing I did after install was add the Opera Debian Repository to the sources.list file, and then add it to my installation. But these new ones are awesome although a little minimalistic in a way; Like Conky and so on. I'll have to look at which ones I added, I've never seen them before, and only Debian seems to have them.

HYBR|D
    Has she signed up for that rocketmelt browser beta test? The guys whom founded and started Netscape have made a fork from the chrome browser. It's more social networking related.
    http://www.rockmelt.com/

My Debian boxen has been offline for the last few months now. Had constant hardware failure and i haven't had the time to strip it down and do some testing as of yet.

have been toying with Gentoo on my Playstation3, finally got my keyboard and mouse in the mail from the US so i've been spending waaay to much time messing with that as of late.
    Last edited by HYBR|D; November 11th, 2010 at 01:57 PM.