Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a laugh?

Banned
    Since they're laying everyone off hopefully they'll just sell it off to me instead of giving me the run around this time.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Since they're laying everyone off hopefully they'll just sell it off to me instead of giving me the run around this time.
    I can see it now, you waltz into Quinn St office & pay 'em with Cookies. Then you go ahead and re-design AO in a more appropraite Hello Kitty theme.

all hail our new overlord.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Come to think of it I can't say I know of anybody under the age of 25 who regularly visits discussion forums other than lose relating to sports clubs and if you mention IRC you tend to just get a blank look?
    Well, I'm a tad under the age of 25, however, I agree, and I believe I am an exception. The age of people using forums to transfer knowledge, so to speak, is becoming older. And it seems as you get older you have more things distracting you from having time to visit a forum like this. I know it's happened to me. I've never really considered myself a 'regular' poster here, as it's always been on and off, but it seems that every time I come back to look around I spend less and less time because of other things I need to tend to. I do however still believe there are things that make this forum unique, but I think that still gives way to 'web 2.0' type websites.

I would have to disagree Nihil. IRC is alive and well for anon groups. What I saw was that once the image boards came online, the "hackers/skiddies/whatevers" migrated to those groups, instead of places like here.

Plus it's no longer gay-pee-peeface purple and orange. The purple and orange always made me come back.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

What I saw was that once the image boards came online, the "hackers/skiddies/whatevers" migrated to those groups, instead of places like here.
    Yep, that's pretty much what I've seen.

The purple and orange always made me come back.
    Would you be of Northern Irish ancestry perhaps?

Reminds me of the song "Blackman's Dream"

Me/ I liked the yellow and grey............... not them damn blue Yankee colours

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Yep, that's pretty much what I've seen.

Would you be of Northern Irish ancestry perhaps?

Reminds me of the song "Blackman's Dream"

Me/ I liked the yellow and grey............... not them damn blue Yankee colours
    I'm all americuh-duh-herp...I guess that might contain Irish ancestry, but I like to consider myself Heinz 57. Holding true to "notions of state" doesn't appeal to me...
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.