Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where did everyone go?

Quote Originally Posted by Freakyg View Post
    This week im gone several days and theres like 3 new threads... what happened? where did everyone go?
    new threads open at facebook maybe?

Hi faust,

Seasonal greetings, and I hope you and yours are all well

I am afraid that I dropped off the radar for a while due to family circumstances. In February last, my wife was told that she had six months left, and we buried her on the 18th. October.

Windows 7 is fine. Its just that they should have fired all those former gnome developers the moment XP rolled out with a round start button.
    Aaron will just love Windows 8 then............there isn't a "start button"

@Aaron:

Software wise, it should be stripped of everything on every edition. I wouldn't have to uninstall what I don't want
    Try the Windows 7 "starter edition", I have it on a netbook, and it seems to be pretty much what you are suggesting. Otherwise you have to go *nix and add whatever you want. Whichever; you end up having to either add or delete according to your taste.

I think that I see where you are coming from though. Quite a lot of software gives you the choice of a standard or an expert installation mode? It shouldn't be that difficult for Microsoft to do the same should it?

What I am thinking of is the option to do a barebones installation and select what else you want added during or after the installation process.

Unfortunately, Microsoft seem to be concentrating on a "one size fits all" Windows 8 solution that is hardware platform focused; rather than looking at the actual OS content itself.

They also still have the "operating system for dummies" mindset.

Friend of Site Staff
    They also still have the "operating system for dummies" mindset.
    Remember in 98 where all the folks would shot themselves in the foot.

Win 8 is /was designed for smart phone users. Why it is not selling worth a hoot.

i hate windows 8 it seems like they are copying android and slapping a windows os in the backround

I am here, still lurking...
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    I am afraid that I dropped off the radar for a while due to family circumstances. In February last, my wife was told that she had six months left, and we buried her on the 18th. October.
    I am very, very sorry to hear that. Please accept my condolences.

I was your way a couple of weeks or so ago (kids half term) staying in the Caravan Club site, by the golf course on the way out to Flamborough.

I hadn't been to Brid since I was a small kid.

We enjoyed the week there.

As for why I dropped off the face of the Forum, well, it was simply the pressures of work and Family. (I'm currently looking for my next bit of contracting work, hence me being here). The kids both swim, and we are at the pool 7 days a week with training, and to add to the mayhem we have an 8 week old Border Collie pup in the house.

Regards,
    Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com