View Poll Results: Did this speedup script work for you?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes noticed an improvement.

1 50.00%
  • Nope still taking it's sweet time.

0 0%
  • I surfin the interwebz.

1 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speeding Up Internet Explorer 8.

Smile Speeding Up Internet Explorer 8.

Noticed this article earlier.

Speeding up Internet Explorer 8

Several users have reported significantly slower performance under Internet Explorer 8, particularly when the browser is first launched or when navigating to new pages. Delays of up to 30 seconds or more have been reported.
    The problem, in most cases, is the presence of IE restricted sites and enhanced security configuration zones, which are generally created automatically by spyware removal software, such as Spybot and IESpyAd. Traditionally, the presence of these entries has been hugely beneficial, offering protection against malicious software. However, Internet Explorer 8 includes new security measures that may obviate the need for these entries, and the browser can suffer a tremendous speed hit in their presence.
    The fastest and easiest way to remove these entries and dramatically increase Internet Explorer 8’s speed is to use the DelDomains package. Right click on this link and save the file to your desktop. Next, right-click on the downloaded file (DelDomains.inf) and select “Install.” The package will remove all Internet Explorer restricted sites, enhanced security configuration zones and trusted sites.
    I have ran it and it seems to allow for things to appear quicker then what it did prior to running the script.

Several users have reported significantly slower performance under Internet Explorer 8, particularly when the browser is first launched or when navigating to new pages. Delays of up to 30 seconds or more have been reported.
    I've been using IE 8 from Beta 1 To RC stage and now the final one !.. I've never faced ANY SUCH DELAY !.. I may will give the script a try on a VM ..
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

I have definitely noticed the delay, and only on sites with a heavy script presence, and/or flash content.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    I have definitely noticed the delay, and only on sites with a heavy script presence, and/or flash content.

You described AO perfectly then..

But it doesn't happen here. One of the best examples of this problem would be this site.that site takes almost half a minute to load in IE 8, takes about four seconds in Firefox and Opera.

However it's important to note that it really wasn't any faster in version 6 or seven.

Banned
    It came up at about two seconds for me. So yeah, that's really slow compaired to how quickly IE usually displays pages. *Smirks*

I came online at an era when everyone was still using Netscape. Um, trust me... IE displays things much quicker than most browsers.
    Last edited by The-Spec; March 30th, 2009 at 06:40 PM.

yeah? Are you using the final version?

Banned
    The latest version of IE8? Yes, im using it.

OK thanks. I wonder if it's settings related, or perhaps a software conflict somewhere. I'm going to experiment a bit

damn well that was easy. It's my firewall settings. Now I just have to figure out which...