Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is job trend of web development?

what is job trend of web development?

Is web development is going down due to automated web making softwares?
    i read a article that job trend is moving to words it. Are you agree ?

Is web development is going down due to automated web making softwares?
    No.

i read a article that job trend is moving to words it. Are you agree ?
    No.

A lot of these "web developer" toolkits that you see are nothing more than glorified, customizable templates. More sophisticated code generators that I have encountered, usually have about the same learning curve as learning to code properly; with the disadvantage that you are locked into using that tool, rather than knowing the coding language itself.

There are basically two customer bases in this game: the amateurs and the professionals. OK, the amateurs don't care if their web presence looks like a page out of some social networking site, but the professionals do.

If you are running a business, institution, corporation or whatever, your website is the first impression that people will get of you, and first impressions count.

I suspect that we will see an ever growing demand for more artistic design skills and possibly business awareness and marketing knowledge. After all, that's what distinguishes the "developer" from the code monkey.

There may well be a greater demand for systems integrators to meld the web presence with the rest of the IT infrastructure.

Friend of Site Staff
    And you can start right here.
    http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp
    My go to source for web code questions.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    After all, that's what distinguishes the "developer" from the code monkey.
    HEY - I resemble that remark...

In the Windows world I fell in love with the Kentico CMS. This thing has plug ins for Share Point, Sales Force Dot Com, automates all sorts of tasks that used to be a PITA to configure, plus it ain't half bad at preparing "Lemon Chicken w/ tarragon"

Alas, the days of creating websites with TextPad are long gone.

BUT! I failed stick figures 101 in school and most of the lower 48 states have laws preventing me from ever designing web pages.

So The creative types will always have a job, and us "Code Monkeys" Will always have to take their stupid ideas and make them work.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Hi, i am new in this forums and looking so good info about current trends of web development jobs. Its provide best future for developers in any country.

Mobile development is pretty hot. Responsive design has a lot of attention right now. Start ups seem to be using RoR and some python.

I think web development is professional fields and web development trends are well know you easily finding a good job and go to free lancer site you taking a good amount project but advance now a day mobile application development working are so well nice job keep it up

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    From a personal point of view, I hand code all my own websites, since it means I can keep control and keep it up to date.

Regards,
    Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

No I do not agree with this. There are many web developers who do not use tools to work, they do work only manually. I am a web designer and i do not use paid tool for my work.

My take is that tools are OK at the facebook, twitter etc. level, but for a profesional e-site you need to do it "longhand" so to speak?