Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English Class help/suggestions

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

English Class help/suggestions

I made a mistake. I focused/studied so much on getting computer 'Certifications; certified; etc... that I have to do six assignments in College English with a Final Paper that has to be a 11 pages in length. All based on 'Diversity in the Workplace,' I never had an issue with 'diversity' in the workplace that is the problem.... 1.)Gathering Resources (25 pts.) (meaning from the net, library, newspaper etc..) 2.)Annotated Bibliography (55 pts.) 3.)Week 05 REP - Outline (55 pts.) 4.)Week 06 expanding your sentences 5.)Week Week 07 REP - Introduction and Conclusion 6.)Week 08 Rough Draft For example, Your rough draft should be between 5-6 pages and contain all the necessary elements ...outlined on the Week 01 Research Essay Project (REP) - Introduction page. ------------------------------- I only need 15% more on my grade to pass this class. Anyone have any pointers, tips on writing a paper on Diversity in APA format. All help is greatly appreciated.

Sure... When writing papers on a subject I usually follow these steps:

1) Google the subject to get and idea of the kind of content there is out there and skim through it to start to formulate an idea of how to organize the paper
    2) Determine the point I want to make
    3) Create an outline around my main point
    4) Do a thorough search online, libraries, etc... on the points created in the outline
    5) Start writing the rough draft by expanding on the points in the outline
    Then the normal stuff like revising, adding in references, bibliography etc... Good luck.

How much you charge to do papers? All the assignments need to be turned in by 11:59 eastern time. If I have to pay I don't care, I just need to pass because I am on academic probation and if I don't pass this class I will have to pay out of pocket. It is 410.00 a credit. So, I am desperate. Paypal works well.

Sorry man, but this is probably the wrong place to be asking for that kind of help. I'm sure there are places you could find via google that would do that kind of thing, but everyone else here who has gone through college had to do their own work and go through the pain of many hours of homework, and frustration.

Why pay all that money towards a degree if you aren't even willing to do the work? Why not just find some place and buy a degree outright? You learn a lot from getting a college degree, not just in the academic sense, but also about time management, prioritizing, money management, and self-discipline. I personally have spent very very long nights getting a paper written because I had either procrastinated or poorly planned out my time.

My recommendation to you is to take the hit, stay up all night, take a sick day, or whatever and just do the paper. Even if it isn't the best paper in the world, at least you made an attempt, it's your own work, and you'll hopefully get enough of a grade to pass your class... if not then just take all that money you were going to pay someone to do the paper for you and take the class again. Yes that is a pain, but hopefully you'll already have the previous work done and you can learn from what you did (or did not do) last time.

Good luck. And welcome to college

Sorry man, but this is probably the wrong place to be asking for that kind of help.
    I was just curious if you did and how much. Besides, I was only kidding. I was just curious what would people charge for something like that.

Why pay all that money towards a degree if you aren't even willing to do the work?
    I am willing to do the work because I carry a 3.25 GPA. A's & B's in all my other classes. Problem is my English composition 2 it's complicated, so it is not my strong suit.

English composition is easy...

Just buy some voice recognition software. Better yet, pull it off a torrent.

Then install it and start talkin' fast. Any word processor can clean up the
    spelling and some of the grammar.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

English composition is easy...
    That is a personal opinion. What is easy for you, might be hard for me and vice versa. I am suppose to graduate in December and I have 83 credits as of now, (I need 96 to get my associates degree in Computer Information Systems Management. So, I am not *new* to college. I was just so focused on getting my A+ compTIA certified & my MCTS 70-680 certifications, english composition will not make me money, but these two certifications will definitely help.

Quote Originally Posted by Computernerd22 View Post
    That is a personal opinion. What is easy for you, might be hard for me and vice versa.
    That may be true. I bullchit my way thru college back when there were
    no PC's, not even Apples. Think I was a History major, maybe a philosophy
    minor. This was in the day when MIS students worked out programs on
    IBM punchcards. Got out of college, started out in mgm't, then worked
    my way down...

So, believe me when I tell you that in your later years, when you aspire
    to a mgm't position, the effort you put into English composition now will
    serve you well in the higher levels of any company you end up in.

“Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

That may be true. I bullchit my way thru college back when there were no PC's, not even Apples.
    Been there, done that!

This was in the day when MIS students worked out programs on
    IBM punchcards.
    Yeh!............80 column punched cards......submit you jobdeck and wait 3 days to find out what happened! Hell! I still have a couple of those decks around the place somewhere...........I guess I wrote them in 1970

I was just so focused on getting my A+ compTIA certified & my MCTS 70-680 certifications,
    The trouble with "certifications" is they are datestamped...........academic qualifications are for life

The trouble with "certifications" is they are datestamped...........academic qualifications are for life
    Good point.

You think it makes a difference where you get your associates degree from? For example, my state college here they charge $90.00 a credit. where the school I am going to now is *private* and they charge 410.00 a credit

associates degree is a associates degree in the end. The benefit is suppose to be smaller classes for more one-on-one training and more hands on and more of the newest technology.