Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: System problem

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    you need a tissue morgan... You certainly do a lot of sooking over spilt milk

you gonna run to Joe an have another waaaa'h waaaa'h waaaaa'h look at me hissy fit's again?

your the 1 that said you weren't coming back here, so if your so miserable n hurt n emotional battered from Gore's post in that other thread then why come back???

there is far more drama on this board than I previously thought. It is like you guys are one big dysfunctional family.

AOs Resident Troll
    Snuggles ...Yes you did...way way back when you first joined ...I dont give them out often...hence why the need to spread them about.

As for whinning to Joe...who the fook is joe???

As for being hurt miserable emotional battered by post by gore....hahahahah...I am a crusty old b1tch and it takes alot more then that

I was just trying to point out how ridiculous his answer was.....

...wanker

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by n01100110 View Post
    Hey all.. Well, I didn't really know which thread to put this in, because I'm not quite sure what the problem is

For the first time in a couple years, I decided to plug in a box I had.
    (2 GB ram, Pentium 4, 60 GB hd) More specs available if need be.

I booted up Ubuntu Linux on it, it goes through all the initial pre-install steps just fine.. I format the hd, let ubuntu take over completely. And about halfway through the install, the whole machine just locks completely. This same box had a history of locking in the past, when I had Windows XP Home on it. But since then, had slack installed on it by itself with no problems. The only thing i really tried on my own was taking the whole cover off, and putting a huge plug in fan (that i use to sleep) next to the machine, assuming it was an over heat problem.. But it was to no avail. The machine still locks up about 93% through the install. Hardware issue ? Has to be.
    Did you get slack installed recently? It could also be a problem with your ubuntu disk.

Quote Originally Posted by morganlefay View Post
    Snuggles ...Yes you did...way way back when you first joined ...I dont give them out often...hence why the need to spread them about.

As for whinning to Joe...who the fook is joe???

As for being hurt miserable emotional battered by post by gore....hahahahah...I am a crusty old b1tch and it takes alot more then that

I was just trying to point out how ridiculous his answer was.....

...wanker

MLF
    Joe is JPNYC, the one who you complain too when your "I'm more mature than you and can take what I dish out" BS doesn't work out and you complain to him about the rest of us.

And Microsoft makes hardware so it could be them you never know. I don't give a **** if you like Windows. I really don't. I took a cheap shot and you didn't just spill milk you face planted the table slipping in it, so grow a set and take what you dish or STFU. I don't care which.

And Ubuntu sucks, which is why I recommended not using it. They try making Ubuntu work like Windows. Which is probably saying something.

Unless you're stupid enough to Believe that one distro works perfectly and another doesn't and it's somehow Linux doing that. Same Kernel, same drivers.... Yea I can see how you'd be confused as to how it's not the fault of Linux that HARDWARE isn't working.

Pffft, Arrogance of youth, stupidity of age.

I keep waiting for a post that ends with: *Clutches chest, looks around helplessly for blood pressure medication*

But I guess you wouldn't type that... you would just think it.

And Snuggles, what are you thinking trying to get this thread back on topic. This is AO... Where legitimate inquiries come to die.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    And Snuggles, what are you thinking trying to get this thread back on topic. This is AO... Where legitimate inquiries come to die.
    I just want all of AO to get along for Christmas :'(

I will be eating my turkey in my room. *SLAM*
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Hmmm,

The AMD should not matter unless it is 64 bit?

Try memtest86 and the HDD manufacturer's test (deep scan).......those would be the most likely if it fails to install.

Ubuntu?..... just don't try to mess with the video card............. it is supposed to look like dog turds

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    I will be eating my turkey in my room. *SLAM*
    OMG! LOL! I knew there was a reason I let you have a BOFH title here!

The Ubuntu disk actually has Memtest 86 on it, ironically enough. Just use that to test the system's memory. It does sound like a memory issue, though. I had a box like that once.

Also, I agree that Ubuntu is not necessarily the best distro out there. It's quite bloated, but it is relatively easy to use. Fedora is equally bloated, and also easy to use. You could try going with that, but remember it is Red Hat based, while Ubuntu is Debian based. There are some major differences there.