Thread: what is vboxd.conf?

Unhappy what is vboxd.conf?

i found a file on my PC which i find suspicious. i'm running suse 7.1 professional. The file is located in /etc/vbox and it name vboxd.conf. In this config file it says that the listes hosts gfet access without entering a password. I haven't editad this file for sure, but there are two entries in it. are they default entrties? can i delete this fille? Which programm doies it use?

its an ISDN voice box/answering machine package for linux

I think if you take a look at those 2 entries, (one for michael, and one for nicole right?) you will notice the # at the start of the line, meaning they are commented out, and are there mainly for example purposes.

Generally if I don't know what a file is, I first check to see if there is a man page about it (there is in fact a man page for vboxd.conf) or do a search on the net for the file name, it will usually come up with something. I generally have best results with google.

google is your friend

thanks, i searched in the suse support database, and other foren, and found nothing. i didn't think about using google or the man-pages