Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make someones day

How to make someones day

Go to DOS prompt or whatever you use ...

1. Type

telnet ********** 25

(replace ********* with the I.P of a mail server)

(That last number tells it to telnet on port 25, is very important that you type otherwise you will be asked for a login)

2. now you should be connected to ***********, check that you are (you will see time and date etc at top of telnet window

3. type in the telnet window

helo earthlink.net

followed by return key

4. type

mail from: santa@northpole.net

followed by return key

5. type

rcpt to: "the email adress of sibling or whatever"

followed by return key

6. type

data

followed by return key

7. Type in something like

HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS or whatever you want

followed by a return key

8. To end the message just put a "." on the line by itself and hit return ... VOILA the mail is sent

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

I know this isnt really security related but hey, its sure nice for the reciever.

THNX TO MY MAN ICHNISANICH

Windows does not have enough free memory to run this program.

I will never intentionally abuse this board. However, when adding AntiPoints please be a man/woman and leave your name so we can discuss why you did so. I shall also leave my name on all points i send. Thankyou.

HMM.. a great way to make you little sister, brother or cousin a very happy camper.

I was going to post a site which had a list of open relays, but, it appears that ORBS (Open Relay Behaviour Modification System) and MAPS(Mail Abuse Prevention System) have both been shut down. DOH..

Ah yes, how tempting that is to use for evil too... You find one of your enemies, and decide to try it on them with a death threat. You see him the next day, white as a ghost. You discover that you find it really neat, so you do it to all your enemies, over and over. You think you're on top of the world. Then, one day, the cops show up at your house with a search warrant for your computer, and an arrest warrant for you.

Why did I say that? I don't know either, but it WOULD be a good trick to brighten up a little kid's day, as long as the person with the open relay doesn't mind, and the parents don't get worried.

Talking

It's true... It's true... What is the world coming to when you can't even scare your enemies shitless??

Ah well... there must be other ways, like going up to them with a gun in a dark alley and threatening them

[This post does not endorse threatening people with guns in dark alleys - for a start its illegal to carry most guns, here in the UK]
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Exclamation Changes

I decided to take the I.P adress i used out ... i wrote it in a moment of pure lunacy fueled by a hatred towards somebody. Try to find your own I.P, there is hundreds out there.

Still stuck take a look at www.twizted.com MUHAHA

I will never intentionally abuse this board. However, when adding AntiPoints please be a man/woman and leave your name so we can discuss why you did so. I shall also leave my name on all points i send. Thankyou.

So, for us new guys, what would the owner of the IP address see on his end if you did that? And what else could you do besides leave a little note?

Thanx

Thanx to Msmittens who saved me from looking a fool infront of many people (although atleast 50 people saw my stupid **** up)

*Kicks himself again*

*Kicks Himself again*

Dog you got it all wrong ... my bad

The idea is that you can send an email to someone .... from any adress that you desire, i sent my younger sister one that 'apparently' came from santa@northpole.com now hopefully she should really like this (or she might just go schizo). The I.P i posted is of a mail server run by a ***** who claimed his free email server to be safe as houses and proceeded to shout obcenities at me ... yet you can login without a password through port 25? (no fire wall)

Exclamation Beware

I used to do this all the time, scare the living hell out of friends and stuff. (I used to email them using there own email address. ) But you really need a good ISP. Because if you use...um...hotmail lets say. There is an option to 'trace' the email...or show where it came from (when I mean this, it's not just the email address...but the ISP and so forth). And sometimes, it would show the following message if that option was selected:

Apparently From: Web_Carnage@Msn.com

Now the specific words i've forgotten, for I havn't used this in a while. But it's in that general idea. Just becareful if your doing some death-threat or something ...no, i'm only joking. Still though, you don't want your kid to get an email by one of us *bigtimers* called Angel_Of_Death or Natas. :P.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Got it. Thanks. I learn something every day (or I have to go to bed without dinner).