Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remote Control Tools/Software

Question Remote Control Tools/Software

Seems kind of quiet here

Ok, everytime I read a news story about a sys admin who left one too many things running on the web server, I often hear programs like pcAnywhere mentioned. I personally use pcAnywhere, with encryption, logging, blah, blah, etc all that stuff turned on. I don't recall ever reading anything about "big exploit in pcAnywhere gives hacker full control of machine" so why do news sites always play it down as "stupid admin left pcAnywhere in host mode when server was hit with code red". Is it me or does it not make sense? So just a curious question for the Micro$oft Gurus ( ) about what remote control tools do you recommend.

Myself I've used:

SMS- By microsoft I think, LOL works ok, but a huge memory hog? Why does it use so much RAM in idle, ??? I hate that thing.

pcAnywhere- This one works as advertised, network or modem connection, even printer port if you are really hurting.

Recommend:
    Well out of the two that I remember, pcAnywhere wasn't as big of a memory hog, LOL. So I don't recommend anything

Well, here at work they use TIvoli endpoint. I haven't seen it from the control side, I just know it is installed on my desktop and some of it's features.

Basically it will let you remotely monitor workstations and stuff like that. You can do a remote desktop and software uploads etc... YOu might want to check it out. ALthough as far as I know it doesn't run in stealth mode, so the user will know it is there.

How about:

1) ControlIT (previously know as RemotelyimPossible)
    2) VNC
    3) Terminal Services

Talking

DAMEWARE is a beautiful program for remote control

Easy to use? Stealth? Memory hog? Bandwidth hog?

Banned
    I suppose NetBus, BackOrifice, Sub7 is not what you're talking about?

Talking

Just a few mainstream tools used. I have yet to try BackOrifice or NetBus although I hear they are pretty well written little programs compared to the MS or Symantec counterparts.

sub 7

i use sub7 not just 4 hacking but for well ya remote controll

I'm developing some remote control software with Java 1.4 that would let you control an NAT'd device through a publicly accessible server. It uses the idea of Reverse-telnet. I'm still developing the HTTP-based messaging protocol though. I could sure use some help if anyone knows java round here.
    $person!=$kiddie or die(\"Alas, die you hotmail hacker!!\");
    SecureVision

well i tell u trojans or RAT as i like to call them ,are the best Remote Control Tools.....BO2K is extremely good at its work...then why to go for paid softwares when u can can get these softwares for free and that too with more features.....just try a Trojan(Rats) Like BO2k... u wont complain