Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can anyone help me out.....

Help with leaning to hack

goto www.astalavista.com and do a search for hacking tutorials
    several web sites will come up. find the tuts and dowload them!

thanks

do i gotta learn html or any of that other stuff?
    what would you recommend me to learn ? (ex:html, c++, etc.)
    i seen a couple hacking sites......tryin' to learn what NOT to do and some other stuff.
    about an OS, what are some good ones and why?

thanks

by the way....

how do hacking and cracking differ?

Well, the media has popularized the term 'Hacker' as having bad connotations. Some people hold that the original term was one of more respect than disgust, and that Hacking originally meant a really neat techical action.

In order to distinguish this from the 'bad' people, (I.E.: Computer Criminals) there is a push to get the word Cracker accepted as the in-the-media word for the criminal hackers, the bad guys.

So, depending on who you ask, a hacker isn't a bad person, a criminal, a cracker is. Both are good with computers
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

That was a good way of putting Terr, and yes, learning HTML would be great, also learning shell programming with Perl. Start there for sure. Also, if you dont have one, I would reccomend getting a Linux box.
    \"Progress and conduct: I\'m afraid that I am severly dissapointed in God\'s works. All three of him have shown no tendency to improve and He merely sits at the back of the class talking to himselves. He has shown no interest in rugger, asked to be excused prayers, and moves in a mysterious way.\" - Ferndean School Report on God - The brand new Monty Python Book.

Talking Hacking is easy

First you need some golf clubs...and a golf ball...and a golf course to play on.

You place the ball on a tee. Then swing the club at the ball. This is your first hack. Continue to swing at the ball until it goes into the hole. Repeat for each hole on course. Hackers that swing less than 80 time in 18 holes are considered 3l3t3 h4ck3rs.

Post same

also new here, also wanna learn how to HACK
    am reading lots a stuff now, but can someone make a list off propere sitez to go to plz

would like that very much

thank you

greetz
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GOD invented evolution \'cause he couldn\'t do it all by himself.

Computer Forensics

how to hack

go to google.com and type in hacker.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

thanks

i been checkin' out alotta sites...its helpin....thanks
    btw...where can i get a Linux box?? where can i learn that perl shell programming thing?? do u kno any places such as stores that sell books/manuals about hacking?

so cracking is "criminal-hacking", thus the name "cracking", right? i get'cha...
    thanks

peace

After reading the HH Guides to (Mostly) Harmless Hacking, I would suggest Hacking Exposed: Network Security Secrets and Solutions (2nd ed). It contains most of the more common exploits and ways to patch them, and is superb at simply giving you an idea of what is possible and what kind of problems / opportunities to look out for.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency