Thread: The site

The site

I really do not like this new site. The BeOS look is just awful.
    I am also steaming mad the email keeps coming and going. I just lost all my important email before I could transfer my my messages to yahoo. Shame on you guys. Im just friggin pissed off.

the new site

Personally, I don't think that the site's look and feel is any better or worse, but the content has deffinately improved greatly...I think that the change is kind of nice.
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

Banned
    Greetings:

You'll notice in the top center box on the main page, a link that has been there since the new site went up, that reads:

Temp: AntiOnline.org E-mail Users Click Here To Check Mail.

This may be a shot in the dark, but why not try clicking on that if you want to check your antionline e-mail?

The new site allows individuals that visit to interact with one another, which was my main goal for the redesign.

Also, everything is database driven now (which it wasn't before). This allows us to organize our content a lot better, and makes the various aspects of the site a great deal more integrated.

We've been working on every suggestion that's been posted in this forum, and have made a LOT of changes based on user feedback. So perhaps, if you posted some constructive suggestions, instead of just blanket statements of discontent, we could improve some things for you?

The new version of AntiOnline looks and feels better than the old one by miles! Okay, so sometimes the forums take a while to load, but apart from that there's no major design improvements required.

Stop complaining, it's a free service and JP doesn't have to spend his time and money keeping AntiOnline going, we're lucky that he's generous enough to work on the site in his own time. There's not many free and continually updated security sites on the net anymore so let's not go critising the few that are left.

If you can do a better job, then set up your own security site and we'll see if it's any good.

pwaring.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I think the only real problem with this site is that it turned into a script kiddie magnet. This is obviously part of JP's masterplan to build an army of script kiddies to do his bidding though, so I better not criticize it.

If you want to get rid of them you could always switch your site to The Everything Engine

heh, like that's gonna happen

Everything engine

Great, then we can all be obsessed with Experience points.

Runs back to Perlmonks...

Banned
    Greetings All:

Hrmf, "Experience points", good idea.

<-- gets to work.