First off, if you're going to complain about getting viruses, use a system that can't get them.

Have you heard of a Mac virus? (There probably is, but who cares) Have you ehard of a UNIX virus? Only one, on Linux, and really, if you run it, you're stupid. It comes as source code and effects ELF binaries. Other that than.. no viruses.

My point being, the "virus/worm" craze that is happening in the Windows IIS community is sickening. They are not using any new concepts to create or deploy these viruses. Just, exploitable holes in Microsoft's silly IIS server suite. Peronsally, I think centralizing your server daemons into one "easy to use" suite is ridiculous. Yes, it has it's up sides, but obviously, it has it's downs.

Back to my point.. Users should be taking this opprotunity to learn about thier system, and how these latest "viruses" are transfering. The concept behind them isn't "great", but it is a nice learning tool to help you conceive other, more spectacular methods of deploying code and having it travel, unknown to the user, across the world.

Don't get me wrong, yes, malicious code sucks, but, look at this from a Internet technology aspect. Not only can these worms travel from system to with out the early 90's way of infecting files, it's hitting web servers and spawning at an incredible rate.

Definately take this opprotunity to learn about the techniques and consquence of these facinating worms.

..then get yourself a real networking OS.