View Poll Results: Is it OK to hack a malicious hacker to get him/her to stop hacking people?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 25.00%
  • No

7 35.00%
  • It depends on how malicious he/she is.

5 25.00%
  • Whatever. It's your butt on the line, not mine.

2 10.00%
  • Does anybody know what he just said?

1 5.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Virii or Viruses?

Question Poll: Virii or Viruses?

I've heard so many of both ways. Which is correct? (And I don't care what this poll finds out, I'm still sticking with virii).
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

I do know what it is. Virus is a latin word, and the correct way to put in multiple (djeez dudes, sorry but i don't know the word!) is virii. Always.

Grtz,

It don't matter how you say it :-)
    It only matters if we don't understand it

Banned
    Sparkant, location: creepy Belgium??? Get rid of that, will you? I'm not saying that you should put something like 'AND I'M PROUD AT IT' there, but hey...
    And of course you're right on the Latin.

I'm very sorry Negative, but in a way I'm just like you... negative .

And no, I'm not planning to change it. Now we have a belgian who thinks nothing of it (you), a dutchman who's proud of it, and a belgian who *knows* Belgium is creepy.

But I'm a reasonable man, so I want to challenge you. Give me five good reasons to be proud of being belgian, and I'll erase the creepy part, since I'll fully agree with you we shouldn't think either ways. Now isn't that a *creepy* belgian compromis we could make? ;-)

Grtz,

Banned
    Well Sparkant, I suppose no-one in here cares about Belgium, so let's take this 'challenge' to the chat. 5 reasons, huh? I'll give you 20

I'm very sorry, but I'm at work right now and I'm afraid that my company's policy won't let me chat . You see, our firewall only lets port 80 through. But, if it's okay with you, just send them to my email-address, slitskin@checksum.org. I hope they're convincing!

Grtz,

Virii just fits, Viruses, is the word for someone who has no knowledge........

actually, its viruses, the word virus is an exception to the ii rule, try it with your spell checker or look
    here
    Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune

Poll: Virii or Viruses?

Originally posted by Evil Homer
    actually, its viruses, the word virus is an exception to the ii rule, try it with your spell checker or look
    here
    Actually it's "Virii", if you've got a spotty face, "Viruses" otherwise.

PZ