Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thought on the recent Virus's

Post My thought on the recent Virus's

Just got back from lunch and feeling fat and satisifed I started to ponder the new virii that hit the net this week and I got to thinking.

Two points:
    1) The new wave of virus's are eating up a massive amount of bandwidth.
    2) I think we can safely assume that a hacker spends a good deal of their time online even if not hacking.

Just seems that hackers are hurting themselves... along with others of course. In the end they are just eating up their own bandwidth.

I miss the good old days when a virus meant a harmless lil ambulance running around on your screen.

/sigh

-Manbik

It's not really the "hackers" that are creating these virii. Its all the new script kiddies out there that want to prove themselves to the Ë£îtë h@×ø®$. They get ahold of just enough information to be dangerous and then they go for it. Dont you think?

yes, they hurt themselves in a way, but if someones stupid enough to risk being sent to prison, they most certainly are stupid enough to eat up thier bandwidth
    Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune

think it twice

ok
    this is the situation
    who is losing bandwith is not the hacker
    but the target
    the hacker is not a terrorist in a plane that crash with it
    but the master mind, that place the bomb in the plane and the plane crash without him

don't missunderstand me

Bin laden is not a hacker
    If God had intended
    Man to program,
    we would be born
    with serial I/O ports.

I believe I still have the ambulance virus on my 80286 at home..I will have to see if I can find the source to it...I believe it appeared in an article of Hexed one month...

My 2 cents:

i agree with rouge on this one. these so called "script kiddies" are finding just enough information on malacious code and then they start send it out to every one to try and prove them selves to the "1337"....
    Latr--
    Remote_

Four colleges in my area have had their servers shut down due to these damn virii!! When will the madness end? It will never end. as long as there are so called 'script kiddies' out there, the world will never be safe. I hate to say it, but these so-called teenage 'script kiddies' are giving all the other 'script kiddies' a bad name. . . Hmm, what tha h377 am I trying to do. . . . see how many times I can say script kiddie? Ok, Ill stop now. . . Script Kiddies. :P

I can see the point of the "script kiddies" making the virii but I dont agree with the selected targets. They may have intended for a specific target but the way the virus spreads, there is no way to control it. The latest Nimda virus spreads indiscriminately eventually it will make it back to the person/persons that created it.

Our servers were patched before we got hit but it did effect bandwidth to some extent. On the first day, Nimda tried to propagate itself into our servers over 10,000 times.

I guess it goes back to the saying, A little knowledge can be dangerous. Proven in the IT world over and over again.

-Manbik

*edit* Needed to update my profile with a avatar. Looking through the list to choose from... seems someone has a obessesion with Pokeman, there a ton to choose from.

Script Kiddies

Manbik:
    I can't see the point of the so called "script kiddies" even makeing the viruses. what is the point. why creat insufficient malicous code and the spread it all over the internet/internat???
    but u are right, A little knowledge can be dangerous. they may or may not have had a specific target, who knows, but it eventualy spreads to other servers,netwerks,and computers causeing unnecessary damage to hundreds of thousands of computers.
    so manbik, please explane the point...
    latr--
    Remote_

Huh?

Whats a 1337?.........