Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies, Please Read This First!!!!!!

/me submits the 100th reply to this thread!

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Banned
    -==-

Thumbs up

Originally posted by RogueSpy
    Back to the top we go!
    Hello everyone.

THIS thread was one of the BEST written threads I have read that meant something and was trying to reach out to the community to let everyone know what AntiOneline is about.

To the person who started this thread, you said a mouth Full and you said it all very well. Thank you for being here for people like me who wish to share their Knowledge on security,software help and computer solutions, Virus protection, as well as many other helping hints and tip that we can get here on AntiOn-Line.

my name is Corynthus, and I have been a internet visitor to AntiOn-Line's web site for some time now, but have just never joined to post in the form area. My first time really here at the web site, I wanted to fight back from those that I thought were trying to attack me and my computer when I was chatting and a HOST on the mIRC Undernet service, yet I did not know how.

I chatted on the mIRC Undernet chat Systems Service and was getting disconnected alot, ICMP bombed and any thing else the
    affending user knew they could do to a hopeless newbie such as me. A channel Oporator who is now my best friend , told me about a program called NukeNabber and said to get it for protection. So I set out to find NukeNabber on the web. and
    Behold, MSN Search Engine showed me the AntiOn-Line Link and I read the breif information that msn displayed about the web site and I was there in a flash and downloading Nuke Nabber from AntiOn-Line.

Well that was a few years ago.I now know enough about computers , computer security,how to check for open and closed ports on my computers so that others cannot get into my computer, what's the best firewalls or virus software to use on my computer and how to set them up properly, and much much more...

I learned alot of this by visiting AntiO-Line and reading the many useful hints and tips and help forums that are available here.

I am also glad that I decided to not just read and get help from here,but also volunteer my OWN ideas and helpful tips to users who are how I used to be.

for those of you who may be sitting here lurking and reading things on how we try to protect ourselves from ignorant feinds like you who just wish to get into my computer and find all my password or my saved cookie with my credit card number on it,
    firstly your just as I said, ignorant, and a fool who will be caught in time and learn your lesson.

I wish to see that form I saw a long time ago on what hacking really means. Perhaps this will sway others from thinking that hacking is meant for bad or being called a hacker will get you a know person and so on as I have heard so many youngsters say...

I am here to learn on computers , security and more and also help others with what I can.I also hope to see more post such as this in this and other areas that will let users know and see how good antiOn-Line an help people with internet and computer and security problems they may need help with and also how good and Lucky we are to have such as place as AntiOnline.
    Corynthus

damn man nice yeah i confess i'm a newbie with hacking/secuirity but i know a few things about pc's hey i'm only 15 most people here come just like me to expand ther knowledge

greets

darkadon
    hip hop rules

I am new to antionline, and let me say thanks for this post KapperDog. I have seen the GTMHH on HappyHacker, and if you want to learn basics, thats a great link. Its useful from a security point of view because, if you know what people do, you can counter it.

Thumbs up keeping it on top

Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

back the top, coz that's where t belongs
    Reality is the one who has it wrong, not you

|\
    |\\
    |\\\
    |\\\\
    |\\\\\
    |\\\\\\
    |\\\\\\\
    |\\\\\\\\
    ||

|
    / \
    // \\
    \\ //
    |
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

Up up an' away....

|\\
    ||\\
    || \\\
    || \\\
    || \\\
    || \\\
    ||
    ||
    ||
    ||
    ||
    ||
    You start to wonder if you really know yourself, when you smell your exkrements...