Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: win2k

DO YOU GUYS KNOW WERE THE CODE FOR ME CAME FROM?
    GEE LET ME THINK

LB

No it didn't, the only similarity me has to 2000 is the tcp stack - the main code for me is 9x based.

Windows 2k is a far supierior os than ME, i personaly find that 2k boxes can be locked down with little ease and is the finest windows os comparing it to me is just nuts.
    2k is Nt without the hassels

Win2k After you configure it right and install a service pack or two...It runs pretty damn good
    It very stable
    I haven't used WinME though....I dont even wanna mess with it

w2k can be tightened down as far as secuirty. it comes in "wide open" mode. XP professes to come in "locked down" mode forcing the user to make it unsecure.

Win 2k is NT with a twist!

There is little doubt that Windows 2000 it better than Windows ME. It's far more stable, and since it's built to run in a network environment, has much better security.

ME was a mistake. Simple as that.

WIN2K is very good! Use it at work with no problems at all.

XP is even better in my opion. Smaller kernel, runs faster and more stable. Yea there are some driver issues but give a little bit of time, vendors will have new drivers out very soon.

-Manbik

Question

Smaller kernel? Why does it need 128MB of RAM!?!?!? Maybe I'm confused, what are the minimum system requirements?

I think Win2K is the best operating system out there. Windows ME isn't too bad. I like the compatibility that it has. The only problems that I had was that it easier to crash then any other system that I have used, other than Mac.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Thumbs down

I think Red Hat 7.0 is better than all of those Micro$oft products! If linux is a cancer, than Windowze is a fat chick! ie- you dont really wanna use it but if there's nothing better around at the time you'll give it a try!