Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firewall

Firewall

I tried a lot of diferent firewalls.
    I am asking for your's opinion which firewall is good and which is bad for win2k?

regards
    Nebivedu

I perfer the NeoWatch software Firewall. There are no vulns. for it that I know of. when you find a good firewall, go here

Computer Forensics
    hands down...TINY PERSONAL FIREWALL for software anyways.
    the rules management is the closest you will come to a HW firewall.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Cool firewall?

a software-on-box firewall is no god.

Go to the local dump and find you´re self a 386´er or something like that. Go out and by two netcard adapters, and kick a linux dist into it, read the IPCHAINS-Howto and then you are rolling the dance floor with a firewall that rocks.

I know somebody belives that hardware firewalls are much more secure, and there is different views of that, however my view of the case is that a "real" box has much more processor power and can do much more in less time, but enough of that. This is´nt supposed to start a flamewar about hardware vs. software firewalls!

Computer Forensics
    a linux box is considered a hardware firewall, and odds are, even after reading the howto, it won't be easy to configure it properly.

I do think that it is a great idea though.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

firewall

If you are going to learn to configure a firewall with linux, you'd be better using iptables rather than ipchains.

Red face Hmmm...

I guess that depends a bit.... But ZoneAlarm or TPF is great! And free!
    My privacy related homepage and PGPkeys:
    http://www.markusjansson.net

Re: firewall

Originally posted by petemcevoy
    If you are going to learn to configure a firewall with linux, you'd be better using iptables rather than ipchains.
    Thats for sure, but i just dont know if there exists a uptables-howto.

I haven´t got a internet connection at home so i only have the howtos that goes along with slack 8.0

A word if I may ...

If you want a really robust firewall, with a really neat IP Filtering system, why not have a try at openBSD ? That's what I used at home, and ... well, it fits the need I have.

Jean-Francois.

I am realy sorry. I didn't told you that i need a good firewall for M$ win2k, because i work with autocad and autocad do not work under linux.

Nebivedu
    Lep pozdrav,
    Nebivedu