Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secuity Software????

Secuity Software????

I am trying to find a software that will scan an NT system for holes. Can anyone out there recommend a something???? We are having an audit next week and I want to make sure my systems are patched.

Thanks,
    shepard007@yahoo.com

scan.sygatetech.com

Computer Forensics
    download the trial version of netIQ security scanner. that should help a bit.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Security Tools

A great place to start looking for tools for any security task is

http://www.nmap.org/tools.html

cheers
    I\'m not a BOT I\'m a beer droid!
    Prepare to be Assimilated.

yeah, they have a lot of good stuff there!

Lightbulb Dont miss this one!!!

GREAT one!!! Checks for holes in NT system...Steve Gibson did this for the FBI. Remember to keep your system patched and updated!
    http://grc.com/pw/patchwork.htm

And test those shields there too!

Markus
    My privacy related homepage and PGPkeys:
    http://www.markusjansson.net

Computer Forensics

yet another one

ok..here are some tools released by the devil himself.

for NT/2000 workstations : www.microsoft.com/technet/mpsa/start.asp

This will scan your systems for holes that have been patched according to the MS security bulletins and potential security risks in your computers. You may be a little shocked after you get the results. I have found it to be very helpful.

Another one for servers : its called HFNETCHK. It does the same thing but its DOS based and designed for servers. I don't have a link, but go to www.microsoft.com/security and look for it. It should be easy to find.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Re: yet another one

Originally posted by hogfly

Another one for servers : its called HFNETCHK. It does the same thing but its DOS based and designed for servers. I don't have a link, but go to www.microsoft.com/security and look for it. It should be easy to find.
    http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q303/2/15.ASP

You can also go to www.HackerWhacker.com. They can scan your address and tell you about and holes or ports that a hacker might be able to get into.

Giovanni

Re: yet another one

Originally posted by hogfly
    ok..here are some tools released by the devil himself.

for NT/2000 workstations : www.microsoft.com/technet/mpsa/start.asp

This will scan your systems for holes that have been patched according to the MS security bulletins and potential security risks in your computers. You may be a little shocked after you get the results. I have found it to be very helpful.

=================================================

I did the scan..everything came up green except for 6 hotfixes that aren't installed.

Are these fixes I SHOULD have?...for a stand alone Win2K?...or are these fixes network based?

I have SP2 and a few other patches,...but 6 more?...errr must be network ones I never bothered to install.>??