Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secuity Software????

You should review each identified patch, some will be application specific, ie. terminal server, IIs, others are operating system general.

cheers
    I\'m not a BOT I\'m a beer droid!
    Prepare to be Assimilated.

Computer Forensics

hotfixes

The only problem with the MPSA tool is that it is based on the registry keys. For example, lets say you install the security roll-up for IIS 4/5 . The roll-up contains a lot of the individual hotfixes, but not the individual registry keys. This is something I have a huge problem with, because some of the "unapplied" hotfixes , have indeed been applied and the tool does not recognize that fact.

As for the 6 other hotfixes, I would suggets you look them over and decide for yourself which are important to your situatuation. Afterall, I don't think a standalone win2k workstation needs the IRDA/infra red device overflow patched, but who knows.

For more information about the individual hotfixes, there are links within the tool, to lead you to them.

Hope that helps.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust