Thread: netbios

Unhappy netbios

I just learned that if someone is running netbios i can type nbtstat -A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 9xxx for the persons ip) when I do that, I get some info looking like:
    NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table

Name Type Status
    ---------------------------------------------
    ADMIN2 <00> UNIQUE Registered
    ACCOUNTS <00> GROUP Registered
    ADMIN2 <03> UNIQUE Registered
    ADMIN2 <1F> UNIQUE Registered

MAC Address = 44-45-53-54-00-00
    But I dont know what to do from here to browse their shared files can any one help also I heard I can use a browser to do look at the shares thanx in advnce anyone who helps.
    ~KEMA~

Talking How about

...Using your "My network places"

Im having fun with my LAN based connection since some *dummies* are sharing their folders via it so...
    My privacy related homepage and PGPkeys:
    http://www.markusjansson.net

I think u can do something like Startmenu->Run
    \\<insert ip>

Computer Forensics
    this is kind of funny. Where did you get your information from anyways? Maybe you should try learning DOS and networking, hell computers in general before you try to hack .

sheesh, everyone wants to be a super hacker hero these days without knowing what they are doing before they do it.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

:::shakes his head::: What is this world comming to? I got one thing to say to you guys. . . READ THIS. . .
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=113186

A brief Explanation

originally posted:
    netbios
    I just learned that if someone is running netbios i can type nbtstat -A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 9xxx for the persons ip) when I do that, I get some info looking like:

Name Type Status

But I dont know what to do from here to browse their shared files can any one help also I heard I can use a browser to do look at the shares thanx in advnce anyone who helps.
    >netbios

Name Type Status

---------------

There is NOTHING you can do from here browse their shared files.

First of all, here is a brief explanation of what that 'Name Type Status' output was from your nbtstat query.
    The data sets presented are NetBios Service Codes.

The only one interesting from above is the ADMIN2 <03> one, which simply means that that ADMIN2 is a user logged onto that computer that effectively allows the use of the NetBios Messaging Service. That is the username of the person currently logged on the the ip address you specified with the -A flag. Big whoop.
    - - - - -
    What you would probably be more interested in, would be using the NET VIEW utility, which would enumerate shares on your entire lan, or net view \\[computer_name] command that would show you the available shares being broadcasted on that individual computer.
    Then, to connect to the share, you would want to use the following command / syntax:
    net view \\[computer_name]\[SHARE_NAME] {password}

I'll not take you any further than that because you should be learning computer basics and DOS before you do this stuff anyway.

NOTE: I will lead you in a direction though... hmm, look into one of my old favorites... did somebody say
    erhhhmm..
    net view \\[computer_name]\IPC$ ??

lol

OverandOut.
    ComJo
    OverandOut.
    ~comJo

---....Loading: 1x 2x 3x

Angry

You shouldn't paraphrase, it loses part of the meaning.
    Next time, post everything that hogfly taught you about NetBIOS hacking. Then it will make more sense to people who read it.
    Jason Parker - http://www.o-negative.net
    o-Negative: Information Network

Isnt there another way or should i say bug with File amd print connection, using the NBTSTAT command, looking for the SHARE (20) and see if they have file and print sharing enabled and then using "netuse" to connect to the share!! IPC$
    Ohh yah and hello everyone im new HERE!!!

Kurupt
    mcp,mcse

Let's help you ..

I'll help you a little, BUT! I insist on you that you DON'T even think of using this to hack into others people systems. Hacking, cracking is bad, will evoke nightmarish dreams on you, will kill your little dog, probably launch the 3d WW(W?) and generally can be an annoyance for sysdmin.ADMIN2 <00> UNIQUE Registered

Here we go ...

--> This is a workstation service. (logged in user)
    --> This is a workstation service. (group or domain of user)

--> This is the messenger service (probably the name of user)

--> And this is the NetDDE service.

What can you say from this ? That it's probably just a workstation from a clueless person exposing his/her computer to the world.

Have fun learning, but never ever think of messing other's computer.

Thanks in advance.
    Jean-Francois