View Poll Results: Rate "Kill Bill" by Quentin Tarantino on the Four Star system.

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • *--- ( Eh.. I think I was sleeping)

1 20.00%
  • **-- (I only slept for half of it)

1 20.00%
  • ***- (It was good, even though I\\\'d be lying if I said I\\\'ve seen better)

0 0%
  • **** (Yes! I agree with the pros, it was a spectacular film)

3 60.00%

Thread: Driod Bating?

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar

Driod Bating?

I'd like some advice.

Yesterday I received a call from your typical push recruitment consultant trying to get me to take some staff even though I dodn't need any.

Now he'd obviously been on a high pressure sales course, however I'm more than capable of holding my own.

In fact I got to him so much that he told me to ***** off & hung up.

Now at the time I paid no attention whatsoever to the guys name or company.

But he made a mistake, he had left caller ID activated.

A quick inspection of the phone system logs and I have his direct dial number - A quick call after hours gets me his voicemail name, announcing name & company name.

So the question is, do I phone up his boss & complain about his unprofessional behaviour, phone him & tell him I'm going to phone his boss, or do I do the polite thing and just forget about.

I know I'm evil, I try to be good, but high pressure sales droids really rankle me.

Advice please.
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

the sensible thing to do would be forget it... much as I hate to admit it, sales people are people too and they have to earn money same as you and I in order to survive. It's a shame that they picked such a sucky career but... well someone gotta do it I guess.

having said all that.... it is EXTREMELY unprofessional of him to tell you to f**k off... and certainly not something that you as a prospective customer should expect... so....it is tempting to be evil isn't it - if it were me I'd phone up the boss and complain politely but loudly, VERY loudly... sales droids really irritate me too. In addition to this if you have asked them not to call you , you should expect not to get a call (and also correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there something in UK law about improper soliciting of business??? not sure but you might want to look into that and hit them with the legal terminology)

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

I did some telemarketing for a while and I can tell you it is an extremely difficult job. The sales person may have been rude to you, but try sitting on a phone for hours having people yell at you and tell you off, you're going to snap eventually. Now whenever a telemarketer calls, I hear them out. I may have fun with them, but I'm never rude. When they called selling the local newspaper, I told them I was illiterate.. stuff like that. I have gotten fed up however, so here's my little story for the day. I used to sell Bell Products (phone line smart touch services.... like call waiting, call display and so on).. The other day our phone line died. My roommates an electronics engineer, and I'm decent enough with wiring and we checked the entire apt. No problems. So I called Bell (phone company) and they said that the problem was inside my house it'd be $65 for diagnostics and minimum $100 for the repairs. I told them the problem was outside and to come fix it for free like they have to. They refused and tried to schedule a repair time. I said no, I wasn't paying for it. They then said I could buy their maintenance package (which I used to sell)... I could get protection on my inside wiring and phones for only 5.90 (5.95?) anyways.. I cut her off and said no thanx, i used to sell that and it's not valid for the first 30 days. She said so, and I said so i'd have to wait a month to get my phone working. She agreed and I said forget it, i'll switch phone companies. Called back a few hours later got another person and I was pissed... I'd been expecting important phone calls and obviously couldn't get them. This was the conversation.

Them - Hi thank you for calling Bell Technical Support, My Name is _______ How may i help you.
    Me - Come fix my damn phone.
    Them - What's wrong with it?
    Me - Explanation of problem
    Them - Well sir we'll need to come inside your ho...
    Me- ***** you, your going to send your technician, he's going to fix the outside wiring and he's going to leave. He's not coming in my house and i'm not giving you a *****ing cent.
    Them - umm.. excuse me sir?
    Me - you heard me you *****ing bastard.. send a technician to fix the outside wires.
    Them - well sir it could be in the house we could give you our maintainance pac.....
    Me- I don't want your *****ing maintainance package, I want you to fix the outside wiring.
    Them - We'll mark you as no access and have someone fix it.
    Me - Good.

*CLICK*

They fixed the problem in 24 hours and called to apologize. Sometimes being rude with people get's you want you want, however in hindsight I really shouldn't have done that.... Oh well hehe... has nothing to do with your problem but I wanted to share. My other funny story is when someone from the agency i used to work for called and tried to sell me the stuff i used to sell. I was the highest selling part-time agent and she tried to use my old lines, I laughed at her, corrected her mistakes and sent her on her way.. but damn even tho i knew her stuff better than her, she still tried to sell it to me... she was persistant as all hell....

Anyways.. don't bother calling the guys boss... 99% of telemarking calls are recorded, and checked for quality. (it's how they usually rate their agents) so no doubt someone somewhere heard it.

Originally posted here by HTRegz
    The sales person may have been rude to you, but try sitting on a phone for hours having people yell at you and tell you off, you're going to snap eventually. Now whenever a telemarketer calls, I hear them out. I may have fun with them, but I'm never rude.
    But I was very polite. It was only when they asked the same open question for the third time that I explained the facts of life.

"Why is that you don't use recuritruitment agencies ?"

"The reason I don't is becuase I have found them to provide unsuitable candiates and not understand my requirements, hence a waste of time"

"Why is that ?"

"Because I find them a waste of time I don't use them, since I don't like wasting my time"

"Why is it you find them a waste of time"

"Look, we seem to be stuck in a loop here. I've explained this to you before - I don't like wasting my time, which you are now doing."

"***** off" <Click> NO CARRIER

I wasn't cross and was polite at all times.

Such is life.

I don't think this a good career choice for the guy.
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Come on Dr Zoidberg!!!

Ring his boss!! kick up a fuss!! Its Monday you have a right to destroy at least one persons life !!

Cheers
    V$D$
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

Originally posted here by VicE$DoS$
    Ring his boss!! kick up a fuss!! Its Monday you have a right to destroy at least one persons life !!
    That's the point. I might, & he might have a family etc.

Heh well I have just started cold calling sales after working on in bound calls for quite a while - and I bet I could sell to you Steve lol
    orrect me if I'm wrong but isn't there something in UK law about improper soliciting of business???
    Yes if he is registered with TPS (telephone preference service) this is a list that all companies when cold calling (ringing someone without them requesting it) must check there number database against to ensure that they do not call someone who has requested that they are not contacted by sales - however the law does not say how often companies must check their records against the TPS so it may take up to 6months from you registering with the service until your name and number has been removed from all tele-sales centres.

v_Ln