Thread: Help : Windows Protection Error

Question Help : Windows Protection Error

I've been observing his problem on my PC with Windows ME and I discovered that everytime when I attempt to shut down my computer after playing Diablo II, everything seems ok for a while but later a blue screen saying "Windows Protection Error : You'll need to restart your computer. System halted" appears. I'll have to restart my computer, go through the ScanDisk process and shut down. What's wrong? Everything seems ok when I restart.

And this is ONLY after playing Diablo II?

Does it matter if the Diablo CD is in? (Don't see how it could)

Is some Diablo-related program still running when you shut-down?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I use VirtualDrive to play Diablo II. So I don't need a CD. I don't think that any Diablo related programs would be running because I tried pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and saw nothing there related to Diablo. Strange, aint it? I have a friend that uses VirtualDrive to play Diablo II too, he doesn't have such problems. The only difference between us is that he's using Windows 98 while I'm with Windows ME, does this matter?

Banned
    i know your problem!!!!!

its quite an easy answer!! trhough you windows box out the window and by a mac!! solves that problem!!

but in al sirously could it be your virtualdrive? try running with the cd if you have it or is it pirated??

its a bit simplistic, but you could just stop shutting down, push the power button and be done with it.....its doubtful that doing so destabalize windows anymore that it already is...and if the you get annoyed by windows running scandisc everytime you do that you can just disable it in run>msconfig>advanced>disable scandisc
    Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune

Just see attachments for help!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Same help here!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the CD, but playing Diablo with it doesn't help much either. I tried ejecting the "Virtual" CD from VirtualDrive and the real McCoy from my CD-ROM. No improvement shown.

Exclamation

I know the solution to my problem. Updating my display driver does it all