Thread: hello everyone

Smile hello everyone

hello everyone
    im a newbie and i don't know much about computer security, im on my 2nd yr in college and taking up computer engineer hope you could help me along the way as i ask some question about computer security and other stuff.
    what do you think would be the best thing to start w/?,what site should i go to learn about computer security.

thanks guys hope i will learn much here

twenty6,

AntiOnline for sure. As to any new member that joins AO we always say that it is a good idea to search the AO site, FAQ's, Tutorials and threads, you will learn quickly, i'm sure of it.
    Besides, i know some more AO members will answer this thread telling you some more sites to go and learn too.

Welcome to AO and good luck!!!

well, as a new starter for security, the best choice is to get back to ur books, as a start only,
    and if u needed anything, u can ask us here.

cheers
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Lightbulb

Try www.sans.org.
    Here you will find various articles and other security related sites.

Regards

Meerkat

Start by learning an OS that can be secured (Win NT, 2k, XP or any of the *nix distro's). You are definately going to have to read. The Hacking Exposed books are a good start. Read them and secure your comp. as you go along.

Welcome to AO!

Set up a Linux box. Read the AO's tutorials. Don't hesitate to go to Google searching some answers.
    I think it's a really good start.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Antionline is a great way to learn computer security. It's a site with fun-fulfilled intellectual-if your not one, you will soon be one - individuals. Have fun gaining knowledge!
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19