Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just some rambling...

You make a valid point. As much as I would like to agree with you, Terr, I can't help but think that it would be in our best interests for these script-kiddies to refocus there efforts and help America and it's allies to eliminate a form of communication for terrorist. There are alot of people in this world that know what they are doing and they prove it daily and keep Anti-virus companies in business. All I am trying to say is the power could be put in our favor instead of against us.

Mabey we should stop the CIA from training people in other countries?
    Guess who trained Sadam? and gave him money?
    Guess who trained Binnie?
    afgan is not going to be easy,
    there is going lots of problems, and I dont think its going to be like the gulfwar.

BY THE WAY scagnut ITS EH! NOT AY.
    LOL
    LB

Talking

w/e don't matter i was just wanting gobal chaos
    ohio has had it to good for to long......
    what about mexico and texas they make texaco and thats scary if we kill them who will give us gas?

the hay day u would have if i didn't fix this **** geezus crisp my lord and slayer

Originally posted by rnapro
    All I am trying to say is the power could be put in our favor instead of against us.
    Hmm... Power of Stupidity vs Power of Reason... Power of Stupidity vs Power of Reason...

I'm just afraid the Stupidity will win out. If the US govt does NOT prosecute script-kiddies for going after any sites ('guilty' sites or not), I'm afraid that will send the wrong message, specifically: "It's okay so long as you hurt people who aren't in your country.", which, of course, it isn't, and then you'll get people jumping on the bandwagon, because they'll feel like they can't get in trouble.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

unixphoenix wrote on 10-03-2001 10:34 PM:
    bomb ohio? are you ****ed in the head?

i don't like kentucky either..........road kill laws.......keep for waste management

Banned

Huff.

The afghans are an extremely valid fighting army, not to be taken lightly.

As for attacking their sites, only adds to demise of the internet.

I personally hope this whole ordeal does not escalate into war because I believe it would be a war that neither side would win. How can a country who has rules for war (US), fight a country with individuals who have no rules?

I believe Lt. Hunter in Crimson Tide said it best when he said:

"The purpose of war is to serve a political end, but the true nature of war is to serve itself"
    No one wins a war…Bombing Afghanistan to have Bin Laden Handed over will not change the ideas of the extremists, it will only prove that we can drop a lot bombs. And as for the Script Kiddie idea, do you really think that messing up foreign websites is going to change the minds of a country who outlaws the Internet, children’s toys, and requires women to wear veils that cover their faces? NO, it won’t!
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Terr,
    Point well taken.

I guess I would just like to see the knowledge some people have put to good use instead of inflict terror on the rest of us just for fun.

Thumbs down

Tripstone, why the hell do you start threads like this? I thought this site was all about computers/security not political opinions..........oh well