Thread: Easy Tiny Config Question

Question Easy Tiny Config Question

OK, I am going to ask a newbe question here, I am new to Tiny and just learning my configurations so this should be an easy question. I have this showing up in my log. Do I need to allow my "System UDP inbound" setting to get rid of this and should I? Thanks in advance and forgive my newbe post.

1,[03/Oct/2001 00:09:25] Rule 'Packet to unopened port received': : In UDP, *******[0.0.0.0:68]->localhost:67, Owner: No owner

Uhm... I dunno. I've never gotten one of those messages, perhaps because I'm always running in high-security mode. If you don't like the message, make an explicit filter to block it, but I don't think it's an issue, since nothing is running on your Bootstrap Protocol port. (Which I take it is for network-based booting for newer BIOS-es)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Well, i don't know about 0.0.0.0:68 /67, but so far i've been blocking every udp on 255.255.255.255:68 /67 without any noticeable effect, so i may assume that it is safe to block yours. As for using Tiny, I found out that the safest way to work it is to block first and ask later.
    Q: Why do ducks have big flat feet?
    A: To stamp out forest fires

Q: Why do elephants have big flat feet?
    A: To stamp out flaming ducks

Originally posted by Zair the Wise
    Well, i don't know about 0.0.0.0:68 /67, but so far i've been blocking every udp on 255.255.255.255:68 /67 without any noticeable effect, so i may assume that it is safe to block yours. As for using Tiny, I found out that the safest way to work it is to block first and ask later.

Port 67 and 68 UDP are Bootpc et Bootps, Which are bootp client and bootp server. Also used for DHCP.