Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Operating Systems

Banned

WinME Haters

They should set up a forum so people can hate WinME na just moan. Its bad but damn you guys really hate IT!

OpenBSD is nice.

winMe is the worst thing to every be sold in mass production. This is microsoft after producing it ----->
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

My vote goes to Win2K. (just don't load IIS)

I just installed WinXP last night and love it so far. I don't have any experience with Linux so I can only compare Windows platforms.

I have to say that my old school favorite is definitely DOS. I was pissed when they made Win3.1 - for some reason it was so much more tedious to use at first than DOS. I always go back to DOS when Windows is acting retarded. WindowsXP is the best Windows OS though.

hummm, my favorit OS,

OS2 warp,
    DOS
    Win v1, just cause stolen stuff is cool
    oh ya
    win 98 lite!
    Later
    LB

Oh, oh, OS/2 was soooo nice! But as far as the best OS goes, I just LOVE BeOS. Shame they got bought up by Palm recently (but I'm still hoping that they will continue to work on it).
    Be doesn't see as much support as other more known OSes, but it's fast, it's pretty much as crashsafe as any other POSIX OS, and it's easy to use even for newbies.
    I guess OS/2 Warp would come second, but only by a small margin.
    Q: Why do ducks have big flat feet?
    A: To stamp out forest fires

Q: Why do elephants have big flat feet?
    A: To stamp out flaming ducks

Really you liked BeOS ?
    I played with it, but never saw any real world application for it,
    tho it was kinda neat.

LB

I belive the best OS ever is...
    Cosmos...I believe it is called.
    Read up on you OS(pl) and you will find it mentioned about 2 months ago. It is the OS for almost all Military Spy Satilites. The code reportedly was stolen from a server and copied. After that I have heard absolutly nothing on it. Some form of state secret.

I would love to be able to use it but I guess that would require me to join the military. Only problem with that is I don't like green and I hate hair cuts.

Originally posted by Neophyte
    I belive the best OS ever is...
    Cosmos...I believe it is called.
    Read up on you OS(pl) and you will find it mentioned about 2 months ago. It is the OS for almost all Military Spy Satilites. The code reportedly was stolen from a server and copied. After that I have heard absolutly nothing on it. Some form of state secret.

I would love to be able to use it but I guess that would require me to join the military. Only problem with that is I don't like green and I hate hair cuts.

I have a copy of CDOS 3.08 That is one of them the military uses. Basically it's just a multi-tasking DOS. Runs any program made for DOS or Windows (in dos, yeah it's strange how they did this) It's kind of like having dos, but if you want to play Solitare, it works. Well actually it's like windows with everything stripped down to just a command prompt is the closest thing. Man I feel old

Banned

Nice to see yall interested.

That sounds very interesting!