Thread: MS Access Help (Password problems)

Question MS Access Help (Password problems)

I have a freeware football office pool that is wrttine in MS Access. The person who wrote it forgot a game for this week and I need to add it. But there is a "User level" password in his MS Access program so I can't open the .MBD file.

I have the .MDW file that he uses, but I don't know his ADMIN password.

I have found lots of programs to get this info, but they all cost over $45. Is there anything out there that can get me into this program to make this one minor change.

Is there a program to do something like the "brute force" stuff I see for unix passwords. I am on a WIN98 platform and it pops up a logon window, I know the login name, just not the password.

I did download a demo program from the costly ones, and it told me that "to" are the 1st two letters of his password. That is all I know.

HELP!!!!

phil

Computer Forensics
    if the person in your "office" forgot to add the game......wouldn't it be a wise idea to go tell them? They are in your office afterall, not in another country.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Actually they are not in the same office. I got the program off the web, and it is freeware, not shareware.

They person did not put in an email address any where. Not in the program from this year, or last year, not on his web site for this program, and not on his other web site for the same program run on the web.

His web based pool has the same problem, and I have been checking his web sites for updates to no avail.

So now I am stuck trying to fix it on my own.

phil