Thread: Wargames Network

Wargames Network

sups, i just got mywargames nework up, there are 2 boxes with more to come a mandrake running ip masq and a debian that is its client the point of the exercise is to root the debian box, they are both in stock form except for the mandrake box which has tcp_wrappers installed so i can see how you guys get in, right now my ip is 12.102.133.122, but it changes cause im on a dynamic dsl line so either ill keep reposing the ip or something like that, peace

ps. any rm -rf or DOS attacks and your gonna suffer

DoS attacks are for pussies. Particularly when someone is kind enough to set up some boxes and say, "Here play, ravage these systems, I don't care."

I wish I had the time to play. . .

Why is there always so much worktime and so little playtime, lets form a labor reform union and put mandatory recess into the day. . .

Dhej

Posting your IP

Hey Darqw1nd,
    You said your IP is dynamic. Here is a suggestion:
    You could set up a web page at a free web service (like angelfire.com, lycos.com, etc) and put a CGI script there that listens for a connection from your box. When you box gets connected it goes to that website and submits data that lets the CGI script know to change the IP again. The CGI script can get the IP from the CGI Environment variables if it receives the "secret key" from your Mandrake box. Otherwise it displays the last IP address received from the box. A quick CGI script written in perl and a quick script to submit the data upon network connect and you would be in business. Then the only thing you would have to post here would be the URL for the web page for those of us interested in this war game. Like I said, Just a thought.
    Happy Hacking

quick update

i added a guest account on the debian box the password is really, weird. But its still an easy one to guess, for all you happyhacker era types, so basically the mandrake box is for remote exploits and the debian is for internal ones ayight
    peace

Cool interesting though

What type of ADSL modem are you using? ethernet based?

it a covad dsl modem ethernet based, but arent they all?

mines not

I gotta ghetto dsl modem. It actualy functions like a modem... that gets 650k downstream hehe