Thread: Help me out! Link good fire walls, please!

Unhappy Help me out! Link good fire walls, please!

1. I wounder if you could write in some good software Fire walls.
    2. Someone who know how I can protect me from crackers who tryes to cut my internet acess all the time (I'm getting tired of it!).

Help me out with these 2 questions please.

It depends on how fancy you want to get. I would recommend Tiny Personal Firewall (tinysoftware.com) to anyone with a good knowledge of TCP/IP, but if you don't want to mess with it much, and want something simple, then go Zonalarm (zonelabs.com , I think)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned

Good Choice!

I love Tiny Personal Firewall, its so great, It lets you know EVERY connection comming IN and OUT of your computer. Its perfect if you know what should and shouldnt be comming in and out.

I just reported some wannabe cracker that kept trying to access different ports on my box, what was sad is he uses the same ISP I do so reporting him was NO problem what so ever.

I dont really like to retaliate maliciasly(sp?) id rather see his account taken away and his mommy yell at him

Zone Alarm is quite good for a free program its easy to set up and does let you know what ip is trying to access your system and on what port the only draw back is if you leave the alarm so it pops up everytime someone tries to access your computer it can freeze but all you do is archive the alarms and so far i havent had any problems.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Banned
    ZoneAlarm : free for personal use.
    Agnitum Outpost: 30-day trial.
    Tiny Personal Firewall: free for personal use.
    McAfee / Conseal: 15-day trial.
    Sygate: free for personal use.

Those are the firewalls that are generally considered safe.

Thanks for all help!

I spoked with my teacher (pretty good at comp.) and he all so rekomended zonalarm. So I have download zonalarm now and I'm going to check it out right now.

Thanks to all!