Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hacker's system

Arrow The Hacker's system

Like always I woke up early to read through the recently posted threads. Like always I learned a little more about security. And like always some Hacker posted a messaged complaing about the laws and the stable government we live in.

Now I do not consider myself "l33t" in anyway. But I do know however that, we (hackers) have two advantages over most people. One we understand something in away that others can't even dream of understanding. Some of us are opening to sharing idea's, technique's, and just basic knowledge. i may not be "l33t" you may not be either. But we both learn from each other. Advantage two is that we are a community of information. A community that no government and their laws can break apart. the more they try the more we unite.

Big Brother is not all bad. Yes I disagree with some of the things they do, but where would you rather live, China or maybe in Afghanistan with the "Tahi-tubbies"?

My sentiments exactly... Well said
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Banned
    That was a very good post.

"l33t" well i reckon there is only a handful of truly elite hackers left and they are a dying breed.

Re: The Hacker's system

Originally posted by Cmd_Spook
    Now I do not consider myself "l33t" in anyway. But I do know however that, we (hackers) have two advantages over most people. One we understand something in away that others can't even dream of understanding. Some of us are opening to sharing idea's, technique's, and just basic knowledge. i may not be "l33t" you may not be either. But we both learn from each other.
    I don't think it is as much "understanding what they can't even dream of", as "having the framework of background knowledge to build from". I'm not putting down non-technical people, I don't know how to build a drywall, for instance. Nor do I think I could drive a bus very well, or pick coffee beans. But I wouldn't quite put the 'internet-savvy-people/hackers' situation as enlightened as all that.

Advantage two is that we are a community of information. A community that no government and their laws can break apart. the more they try the more we unite.
    That sounds like a lot of religions and communities. Repression often makes religion flourish.

Big Brother is not all bad. Yes I disagree with some of the things they do, but where would you rather live, China or maybe in Afghanistan with the "Tahi-tubbies"?
    Dunno about mainland China, I never lived there, visit, yes, hotels, yes, but not live. However, Hong Kong/SAR-PRC (Special Administrative Region of the Peoples' Republic of China) is very westernized, and I did live there for several years. A chance remark of a Chinese Govt. official was always siezed upon and people would start crying: "Augh! The mainland is trying to infringe on our rights! Quick! Candlelight vigil!"
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

yeah

l33t nowdays means a 14 year old kid with rich parents and a puter running widoze thinking he's "kewl" when he finds a pre-made nuke on the net and uses it on someone while chatting on ICQ

Banned
    I believe the l33t speak came from AOL, Im not sure but If ind it annoying when you see a defaced webpage and all this l33t speak **** all over the screen, they could at least put up agood message.

l33t did not come from aol.

Banned
    Oh, that was always my perception for some odd reason, do you know where it originated?

Post Well I use that kind of lingo alot... Some is from aol other parts are from....

Different languages like Uber(<German language havent looked up what word means yet tho...) sometimes some people just make up stuff. Like I one day just typed in Bahz and now I use it all the time to reply to people in icq or im. Powned = Owned as in beat someone or killed them in a game... l33t aka 3l33t = elite... An that new Snoop Dogg talk helps the H4x0r & Cr4x0r language out like 4 rizzle? Somtimes I just use u or ur for you and your but some grammar person always comes & plays English teacher.

Uber is 'over' (as in 'above') in German, I believe. Originated from Nietzche's "Ubermensch" or "Overman", which described Nietzche's ideals of humanity. As for L33T, don't make fun of my sig! Only I'm allowed to make fun of my sig! My sig is part joke, really.

p0wned/pw33ned/pweened/owned/0wned is all sort of "I beat him and gave him a smackdown!" I think.

L33T/Elite/31337 is basically 'elite', or 'advanced'/'expert'/'good at whatever it is', and has since gained a connotation as 'cool' or something.

I used to know where it came from, but I forgot. Someone wrote an article on the evolution of 'l33t', but I can't remember where I saw it.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency