Thread: Question with the uses of DVD-Rs!

Question Question with the uses of DVD-Rs!

Hi! I have a question about DVD-Rs. First, can I use my existing CD-RW drive to burn DVD-Rs (using it to copy DVD movies or games)? Second, if not, where can I obtain a DVD-R drive?

I think the answer would probably be No. The thing about DVDs vs CDs, is that DVDs have a greater 'resolution' on the disk, that is, the pits and smooth areas that represent the data are smaller than on CDs, and in order to read/write those smaller chunks, you need a laser with a higher frequency... It's a Physics thing. It has to do with how small you can focus it, etc... In the factories they actually STAMP out the CDs with a glass master-stamp.

Anyway, I don't think you can, because the hardware itself is just not up to par... unless you got a CD-R/RW drive that SPECIFICALLY says it can write/read DVDs.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    I believe Pioneer were the first to release a DVD-R. They're still pretty expensive though...

there is no way to burn dvds with a cd-r. If you need a DVD-R then i think that they sell for around 700-800 dollars. Go to GOGO City then goto to the computer hardware section then DVD they have one for sell there.

sorry that link waswww.gogocity.com

Thankx for the tips everyone.

Another good place to search for hardware prices

http://www.pricewatch.com/