Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IP Address questions

Question IP Address questions

Is there any way to spoof your ip on the web without the use of proxies?

There are several ways. The easiest and probably most recommened is using those free anonymizer sites that will mask your address on the web.
    \" Does anyone ever ask you if you\'ve got a case of the \'Mondays\'? \"

Sorry

sorry but all they use are proxies - im looking for something that will allow you to modify your out going packet ip info

Raslin -

From what I understand you can.

I have 3 texts in my personal library about IP spoofing, I've had them for a while and haven't had time to fully read them, I'll be happy to post them on my website if you want them?

After reading your post I skimmed through them and from what I skimmed they explain the process and have source code for what appears to be spoofing programs.

Like I said... I haven't had time to fully read them, but I'll be more than happy to share them... Just let me know if you want me to post them!
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Talking Sweet

If you could either email them to me or post them it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again..

OK...All Uploaded

My site is: http://www.geocities.com/pharmicomlabs

You'll find them in "Security Library" > "Misc Reading"

They are the last three texts, can't miss em...Hope they are what you are looking for.

Also, if you don't mind, gimme some site feedback! It would be much appreciated!
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

From what I know:

If you change the IP in your outgoing packets, then it is possible that the next few routers just will drop them and refuse to carry them, because it's not in their 'area of responsibility', so you can't spoof, say, altavista.com, when on AOL.com, because the aol routers will only route AOL to/from traffic.

If you change the IP in the packets, how can someone 'call you back' with a packet? It would go to the wrong place.

You CAN spoof a hostname, by messing with DNS servers, but your IP address would be the same.

So, if you want to impersonate any non-proxy machine, it's a heck of a lot harder than just using a proxy which you trust to conceal your own identity.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

If you change the IP in the packets, how can someone 'call you back' with a packet? It would go to the wrong place
    yes when u spoof ur ip,the other sys can't call u back with a packet but probably u don't wanna receive any packets.
    if u can see the packets which the other sys(whose ip u have used for spoofing) receives then its fine.
    like i just wanna see if the sys is up but don't want to use my ip for ping scan then i can use some other sys's ip whose packets i can view.

and Raslin - there's a small utilty tool i came across few days back.i just tried it on my lan.works fine.
    called hping2 (some beta version-don't remember from where i downloaded it but guess mr.google will do the job).
    see if thats what ur lookin' for.

Smile Thanks for the info

That makes sense - thanks for all the info

Cool ip spoofing

hey i dont know what system you want to spoof on but if you is linux that should be simple but when i comes to windows you gotta be a genius, for windows there are tons of way but they are all as hard as hell. but u can do precision hacking eg edit all out going packets to send out false ip adddress, mac address and headers. then you should start thinking about reply's. if you are a programming u can write that to be automated and that what i did and i use a dhcp to recieve my replys. hard but saves you.