Thread: Question about check location in antionline.com.

Banned

Question about check location in antionline.com.

In antionline.com there is a tool that give me information about my location on IP address, how this program work? I need very clearly answer from person who write this program. If it's secret with alot of people, can send me to email nirvanainheaven@yahoo.com?

Well all you do is type in you Ip adress in the bottom or someone elses and then it should tell you what state and city it is in.

>Hope that helps.
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

Banned
    pretty sure it just uses a tracert function or something along those lines... someone will probably give a step by step tut on how it works

The numbers that are in the beginning of an IP address,
    Brisbane North Would be 10.25.x.x,
    Each regions IP address will be exclusive for that area, no other area can use the IP's from another region, except for setting up routes to other regions.

So when the person enter their IP, the range is known, and it tells you the area.
    That's what i know.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Banned
    1. View Source
    2. Copy and paste "IP-Atlas by Ivan Kozik" from the line [i] to Google.
    3. Hit search

IP Atlas

I tried this out and got:

(You) at as12-2-8.j.bonet.se (217.215.52.220) are located in Amsterdam, North Holland (province), Netherlands.

If you cant use IP-addresses from diffrent regions there must be a bug in the script, because im pretty sure Im in Sweden and not in Holland

Well to spare you a reply I guess this has something to do with my ISP and stuff
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

Kwiep
    The script just get's your ip adress... that's not the big deal, then it connects to a database somewere were it looks up the ip's location etc etc. then it displays that to you. It's not like it can judge from just your ip were you live. It's all in that database.
    Double Dutch

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    I'm pretty sure , you would get equal info at www.samspade.org, or with Visual Route....
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby