Thread: W32Dasm

W32Dasm

I have this but haven't used it much yet...would like to how everyone thinks of it and if there are any better ones out there...no one has guessed the name of the guy i have as my pic...it's a shame

Banned

Yip

Yeah its a nice cracking program, I went through a peroid of cracking things but got bored very easily.

Im gonna find that guys name out now...

Banned

Hehe

Im not sure but is it Linis Torvalds creator of Linux, just a guess.

yes he is the creator of Linux
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Alright!!!

Got it right on the nose...Linus Torvalds...creator of the best flavor of UNIX...two cookies each to ennis and casper3699...i'm trying to get my threads written up enough to get out of this junior member crap...how many do i have to go?

When you get to 25 or so (one more than you have when I'm writing now) you get to be a normal member... I think. I forget.

But, how should anyone have guessed your picture before you posted if we have to click on your profile in order to see it?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

actually when you post 30 you become a normal member. Then i think you have to get 100 to become senior.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Then Negative and I are GRANDADDY members :P Lol. Well, back to the subject at hand... I don't really know much about W32Dasm, or SoftIce, or any of that. I mean, theoretically, I guess you can change the machine code back into assembly, or something similar, right? The problem is understanding what it does, since there are several ways you could do it and get similar results... Sort of like trying to factor really big numbers for primes

I'm not about to spend half my lifetime learning assembly though, so I'm not really the disassembler-type.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

c\cpp

When I have to disassemble my brand new downlaoded warez program I use a commercial variety of Borland C++ builder. The debug mode does it all, it even shows the raw ASM code and it is great for finding and editing psh and jmp commands.

Not to seem like a Borland salesman it just seems to do it all for you. By the way you can also compile normally in ASM/C/C++

great! now I'm at what, three posts. Not too bad for the first ten minutes.
    Tsk Tsk that \'vB Code is ON\' is really tempting me.. No bad prof.! BAD!