Thread: Novell

Novell

You have no forum for Novell security. Sure there isn't much there because it is closed source and uses IPX/SPX but still. I bet some NetWare admins out there want to know more about inhereted rights and orphaned OUs.
    Tsk Tsk that \'vB Code is ON\' is really tempting me.. No bad prof.! BAD!

Heh heh... Can't find my admin account, nor delete it, without third party tools! Buwhaha... wait! I forgot the context! NOOOOO. I dunno, is it worth a category of it's own? Who can say. All I know is that compared to TCP/IP networking, it scares me, all those strange organizational categories.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

at least someone knows the joys of disabling browsing rights!

ahahahahaahaha

Terr are you following me around? I'm actually somewhat suprised that someone knew some of that because most people stay away from it like the plague. Except SimpleNomad of course.

by the way you can thwart orphanded OUs by going in the AuditCon and enabling grant trustee when an action is taken by a user for the OU that you are worried about orphanes created in. This gives the account you are logged in at full trustee rights to all newly created units, but this only works before the orphan was created.

There is a Novell tool but it is some dumb nlm that you have to specially edit and run in bindery from the file server.

Banned
    Greetings All:

I don't think there would be enough of an interest in this topic to create another forum. For now, the topic an be discussed under the "misc security discussions" forum.