Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The AntiPoints System Is Now Online!

What if they give you a negative reply for no reason. I tried helping the guy in "Red Hat 7.1 getting online? " And now it says that they gave me a negative anti point. So i get negative points for trying to help?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

There is only one main reason that I don't like the AntiPoints System. If, for horrible reason , someone disagrees with the point that I am making, and I have presented it in a thoughtful, well-composed post, the people might still take away some of my points. It seems like they can do this even though it's not the purpose of the System.
    making insensitivity cool again...

T3h Ch3F

Generally A good Idea

I feel that it is a good idea to maintain a certain level, of accountability within this and other sites. However i find that a great deal of self policing is already being done by members. I have been in one flame war since my first post, and after I read what I had written I felt ....well, pretty stupid. Let alone the backlash from other members, I then appologized to the person in Question (Ennis), via private message. At the same time some people just come here to give grief to others as some sort of sick hobby. I think JP has come up with a great way to "Tag" these people, so that serious members who want to have a good experience, will know who to avoid. Hope its not me ROFLMAO.

I like it very much thanks
    Mike M aka greyhairedwolf
    ----------------------------------------------
    Eight Words The Wiccan Rede Fulfills
    \"An it harm none do what you will\"
    ----------------------------------------------
    A mind is like a parachute it only works
    WHEN OPEN

Banned
    Originally posted by Smellkid
    There is only one main reason that I don't like the AntiPoints System. If, for horrible reason , someone disagrees with the point that I am making, and I have presented it in a thoughtful, well-composed post, the people might still take away some of my points. It seems like they can do this even though it's not the purpose of the System.
    I agree with you, Smellkid, but I tend to believe we all are grown-up adults here.
    I'm pretty sure I've read all of the post on these forums, and I categorize them (or the people who post them) like this:

1. Giovanni-posts: pointless, non-structured, senseless posts.
    2. Posts exposed as copy-and-pasted. We all know what I'm talking about...
    3. Pointless posts ('I agrea with you...hehehe'. End of post). Hence the typo.
    4. Non-structured posts that actually make a point. Nothing wrong with them.
    5. Structured posts that don't make a point. Haven't seen too many of those, though...
    6. Posts asking to hack Hotmail. Don't even deserve Red Antipoints.
    7. Structured, well-written, off-topic posts.
    8. Structured, well-written, informational posts.

Hence structured and well-written posts often are the informational ones...

You can disagree with something said and reply to the poster stating your opinions, explaining why you think he's not right. And I guess there are different ways to do that (stone-cold proof, flaming,...). Some might not agree, but I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Giving negative Antipoints though is not the way to do it...

Edit: stonecold...hehe...

I think that this is a good idea. it will keep a majority of people with one tracked minds ignored. i give props to ya for it

-havanger

I think as long as people don't see this as the "this person is this way" kind of system, everyone should be fine. What if Negative (sorry to pick on you ) had a bunch of negative points because no one agreed with him on a certain point or didn't understand what he said, or just wanted to be an *sshole. I wouldn't instatly turn away and think that everything he posts is crap. I've seen what he writes and how he helps people, talked to him over IRC, etc. I've already formed my general opinion about him (it's a good one ). I think the checks and balances here will assure that people that try to help, inform, educate, etc will always be in good standing. I'm sure everyone will look at their profile one day and see a negative point with the comment "I am l337" and maybe wonder why? What am I getting at? Don't take these points as a personal attack on what kind of person you are, as I'm afraid some people here will

Edit:
    Wanted to add that I've noticed it doesn't tell you *who* posted the comment, which I think is just fine, but I try to put my username afterwards, just so people know

Oh NO!!! I'm getting negative(minus) AntiPoints for going against the grain *LoL*

I'm obviously going to have to follow the rest of the sheep so I can get extra plus points.

NEVER !
    PZ

I must say, I don't like this system at all. Lately, if I post anything that somebody simply disagrees with, I get clobbered with negative antipoints, and I've even had one person give me negative antipoints because he didn't like what I had to say (I think), and I said nothing wrong. Yet, whenever I say something thoughtful, it's like I'm invisible. Result? I get screwed over.

hehehehehehhehee stflook you are not only one hehehe i am same as you and am simply traing to be good and post good stuff but all i get back is negativvvvv p0|nts eheheheh but hey its good only important thing is that i get some answers and learns ome stuff ehhehe

______ ______ ______ ______

I AM D3stR0y3r

______ ______ ______ ______