Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The AntiPoints System Is Now Online!

Banned
    Makija, you could start by using interpunction, I guess. And while you're at it, try avoiding the 'hehehhe'. You sound like a sneeky rat...

Originally posted by stflook
    I must say, I don't like this system at all. Lately, if I post anything that somebody simply disagrees with, I get clobbered with negative antipoints, and I've even had one person give me negative antipoints because he didn't like what I had to say (I think), and I said nothing wrong.
    As soon as you get a negative point, you start moaning... Not...
    What if one were forced to give the explanation when giving AntiPoints? I think not-so-many people would like to write "I think your thoughts are stupid", or something. Of course, that could be ignored by just entering klsdglkh, but to that kind of point-giving you could reply with a red point. (Added afterwards: oh, you can't see who sent the points... and it looks like there are no red points, just green+gray? or when do I get red points? Looks like I've gotten three green + two grays (which both were positive??)) Like in JP's original post, everyone has got their right to say their own opinions when it follows these rules...:

Originally posted by JP
    If you post incorrect, misleading, harassing, or messages against the guidelines, they will disapprove and you will lose AntiPoints.
    -ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

sory negative but i lough alotu so heeh you no its hard to stop but if it is that big problem i will stop
    sory dood

______ ______ ______ _______

I Am D3stR0y3r

______ ______ ______ _______

Originally posted by makija
    sory negative but i lough alotu so heeh you no its hard to stop but if it is that big problem i will stop
    sory dood
    You could replace those hehehehees with just one ... And could you please consider about using a spell checker?

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

ok

no problem if is that problem al stop i see some of you dont like it but its way i talk and if you dont like it sory see ya leather d00dz

Actually, I kinda like that idea of forcing an explanation for giving points. I wouldn't stop the people who abuse them, but maybe the people who are so liberal with the negative antipoints will back off a little.

While I'm still busy whining here, what's this about incorrect answers deserving negative antipoints? Aren't most of us here to learn? It's pretty hard to learn without making mistakes. If somebody posts BLATANTLY incorrect answers, I understand. Is that what this means, just the blatantly incorrect answers?

I certainly agree with a points system,JP.I don't believe the intention is to stifle opinions at all,(as some of the posts seem to be implying)but to stimulate civilized and intelligent discussion about a given subject.As we are all reasonably intelligent individuals here the least we can do is conduct ourselves as such.I personally do not have the time nor patience to contend with a juvenile attitude,but would willingly make the time to participate in a discussion with any group or individual who is willing to converse in a reasonable manner.This is all about learning.....we aren't always going to be right or wrong.....we may all have varying degrees of experience......this should be a forum for making new friends and contacts.......attitudes should be left at the door.Everyone is entitled to an opinion or view point,but we shouldn't forget common courtesy to all.Treat others as you wish to be treated.......thanks to those who make this type of open forum available.......and lets try not to abuse the privilege extended to us here.
    \"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he,himself,does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss,the abyss also gazes into you\"

Friedrich Nietzche

..i agree that the antipoints system is good but ..i suffered a lot ...
    initially i was having a pretty good 10 points...then some of them gave me negetive points only becase i wrote some posts in block letters or caps....i also got some messages that
    "release that caps it annoys me lot....."

now this cannot be one good reason to give negetive points.and that has droped me from 10 to -8 .....

this is not fair..... :confused

intruder.....

Originally posted by intruder
    ..i agree that the antipoints system is good but ..i suffered a lot ...
    ..then some of them gave me negetive points only becase i wrote some posts in block letters or caps
    :confused

intruder.....
    Hi intruder..I don't know about everyone else..and I am just trying to think..I don't think I gave you any negative points, But I do know that it is usually considered rude and yelling on message boards, chat rooms and email to use all-caps so that could bother some people. Hopefully your points will return to multiple green soon..I personally find your post's interesting
    Mike M aka greyhairedwolf
    ----------------------------------------------
    Eight Words The Wiccan Rede Fulfills
    \"An it harm none do what you will\"
    ----------------------------------------------
    A mind is like a parachute it only works
    WHEN OPEN