Thread: Board Moderators

Board Moderators

Hey JP, Me and MsMittens got to talking and we both highly recommend board moderators. I know from your experiences with me I know you might be reluctant to give me this privlage. But just ask parker and mittens....I'm really an ok guy. I'm gonna chill in the stupid ****.
    anywho, There are a couple posts around here that are just plain stupid..... And some posters that make posts for no reasons.....
    I think you need a jackass forum for people....
    I guess I'll see ya later man...
    Peace out

I thought we already had at least one moderator aside from JP... I mean, you DO have those 'report to moderator' buttons (far right side of post-tops)... Which I am glad JP implemented, I think I recall asking for them on the old board.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Yea i agree there should be some moderators, i brought that up in another post which giovanni started, theres a good example of a user that shouldnt be here also.

I agree with Mutt here, but whats to stop him from re-registering under a different user-name? He'l just keep comming back, sort of like a bad cold. . . . :P

Thats why you ban his ip range

Then you've got a problem with proxies...

So all you do is restrict known-proxy users to the newbie section :P Not sure how well that would work, but I'm sure you could get a great list of proxies just by banning Gio by IP, and logging all his IPs as he does the grunt work of looking for them (proxies). And if he happens to log on without a proxy, well, why not publicize that little dotted quad?

[HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I'm usually against Mods. They turn into censors.

I believe in freedom of speech. Even for the Giovanni's of the world. Perhaps by our replys, those people will learn, and will cease to be "those people".

If we need a Mod, it is only to keep the board organized. To keep the proper topics in the proper forum.

For example, a Mod could move a thread such as Giovanni's to the BS Forum (if we had one LOL). If people want to flame him or reply, they can. If people don't want to read that kind of stuff, don't read the BS forum.

Other than that, I have seen the wrong Mods destroy a board and turn it into their own little playground. Pretty soon, people stopped coming.

JMHO
    KapperDog

So all you do is restrict known-proxy users to the newbie section :P Not sure how well that would work, but I'm sure you could get a great list of proxies just by banning Gio by IP, and logging all his IPs as he does the grunt work of looking for them (proxies). And if he happens to log on without a proxy, well, why not publicize that little dotted quad?
    Taken from how he acts, Gio is probably too stupid to use public proxies.

, I think publicizing flamers IPs would be a great idea...

As for banning ranges... I dont think that's a good idea, There's
    no reason to punish huge amounts of people for one persons stupidity.

-8trak

Stuid ppl will rule the world one day
    i sugget we rally behing retards now
    so when dooms day comes where on the right team
    what the hell i am stupid myself have to help out the other idiots who we picking on my guess me once i hit send

Banned
    Sorry if this is for a select group among you all, but at most boards and Ive been to many their are a set of regular, respected users who moderate the boards well.

They keep out spammers, flamers etc. This means users will get the full experiance from your boards. At one particular board where I was a regular myself there was a guy like Giovanni[ probably the same guy in every forum!]. The moderators got a lot of trouble from him and he kept gettin back in, he was an exceptional hacker and could easily mess up the board. Considering this site is a highly reputable, long history too they had to make peace. They began cutting him off by never replying to him until one day he started posting normal informative stuff.

Turned out hes now a moderator and full of information.

Thats just a story to help you guys out.

Peace.
    Ennis.