Thread: Ip adress

Unhappy Ip adress

I know how to get ips on icq,msn,yahoo,aol and through emails, without any programs but I want to know if there is another way to do this without establishing a direct connection with the person, by just using ms dos or whatever way?
    And please only people who know what am talking about, reply.
    ~KEMA~

Banned

Website

Not sure if there is a way to do it by just IMing them or anything like that without a dirrect connection.

But you can allways get them to go to a website that has a script that logs the IP address and other usefull information.

Just a thought.

Kema.. Obviously YOU don't know what you're talking about. If you understood the basic concepts behind TCP/IP, you would know that it works sort of like an address on your house. You can't see the address unless you look at the house. When you're looking at the house, someone can see you from the inside, all they have to do is look.
    All that means is, unless you connect to them, or they connect to you, then you will never know thier address without them giving it to you.
    *Unless you're on a service which blows and the protocol sends the user's address in packets across the network. But, then if that were happening, your IP address would be available also, again.. refer to the "house" analogy above.
    Jason Parker - http://www.o-negative.net
    o-Negative: Information Network

Exceptions: Looking at their house through a TV-feed from a camera you stationed somewhere else... They'll only see the proxy house.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned

Smile haha

good point Terr, i like the way you put that....

Wink Thanx

Thanx I sorta figured that out but some of my friends know how to do it using some dos commands seriously they have done it before and we never made any direct connection we only talked on msn messenger thats all.
    ~KEMA~

Banned
    I think you mean the netstat -n function.

Yes this does give yoy Ip addresses also, this is how your friends are doing this.

If you are talking through an IM service, say AIM (AOL) for example. The only IP you will see is the one of AOL, because the server is the middleman for sending messages. Unless you have a direct connection with the person you are talking with, you won't know the IP address. Using the house example, if there was a house in the middle that was broadcasting talking out loud, yeah the message still goes through, but you won't know who or where they are until they "step from behind the curtain" so to speak. A lot of times, just trying to connect to someone for ftp or voice for example will give you the IP address because then the server sends YOU the IP to connect to. Your computer then tries to connect to the dist computer, usually even if they refuse the connection you will still have the "attempt" in your connection tables which if you are quick enough you can view with the netstat -a like was mentioned above. Network IP monitors work better because they can log the IP so you don't need quick fingers. Simply look for a new IP at the same time you tried the connection, chances are good that was the IP of the other person.

Viewing with a camera huh!

Well just like a proxy that camera has a cord that can be followed to the sender as long as the camera is still in the yard. The person in the house however has to do a little work but even the man behind the camera can be traced.

Just a little return analogy because I have found a lot of people that think you are safe behind a proxy me being one of those at one time.