Thread: For ZA Users

Thumbs up For ZA Users

Hello All...

If you've followed my last few posts "VB Programming Question" and "FireWall Log Humor" then you'd know that I was writing a program that allows the user to view the Zone Alarm Firewall Log in a nice GUI. Well...I finally finished it...So I am posting it here for anyone to add to or download.

Here is some features of my program:

1) It allows you to view the log file in an organized, easy to read manner.

2) The lists can be sorted to easily view the data in terms of:
    Type, Transport Type, Date, Time, Source IP, and Destination IP

3) By selecting an entry in the list you can choose to do a WHOIS lookup on the source IP (Through ARIN).

4) The destination port number is checked against a "port information file" to get information about the port.

For a screen shot of the program:

http://www.geocities.com/pharmicomlabs/progs

To dowload the program...go here:

This contains the EXE and the port information list. (This file assumes that you have the VB6 Runtime files)

About the Program:

The program is written in Visual Basic 6
    It uses Common Dialog Controls and Windows Common Controls

If your interested in the source you can download it here:

I have't created a help file for the program yet.. and I haven't had time to test it on other operating systems. I know it runs perfectly on Win98... If your system does not have VB6 Runtime Files then you'll have to wait for me to post the Setup.exe package.

I'll be posting more information and a help file for the program on my site in the days to come!

Have fun and Enjoy!
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Nice little program that really does make it easier to view the log (just as you stated). Thanks for sharing it.
    Why am I still here?

Simon, I'm getting 404's after the three-option page. (Albeit Yahoo/Geocities customized-banner-ad 404's, which is pretty insidious...)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Hmmm

Hmmm, I'm not having any problems at the 3 option page nor downloading the files...hmmm

All the links on the 3 option page (screen.JPG, ZATool1.zip,ZAToolSource.zip) work for me....

Thanks for the info... Try going there again and see if you get the same problem.

If anyone else is having problems getting the files let me know so I can resolve the issue!
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Post Thanks its hard to read that log normally good job :)

Nice job but what is vb6 lol Im at work so I can't download it yet.... When will you have the setup.exe ready?

You did a very good job on your program i am impressed
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Well... I already have the setup.exe packaged but its like a 1.9MB download (The actual program is only 36k but the setup includes the VB6 runtime files and OCX's that some systems may need)

I'm currently working on a help file, and the reason I haven't uploaded the setup.exe is because my ISP disconnects me everytime I try to upload large files (I know its wierd). So I have to wait until tommorow when I can upload from my college.

You didn't have any problems see the screenshots and stuff did you?
    Simon Templer

-The Buddha

No problems except that the location of the log file was in a different place than the default. But I just went to it an it worked just fine
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Update of Information

Hello Everyone:

I'm writing to inform everyone that I have posted a brief faq and information page for the Zone Alarm Log Tool. I have also upload the setup.exe for those who couldnt run ZALogTool.exe because they did not have VB6 Runtime files.

You can simply go to my site, and on the main page, under Pharmicom news is a notice about the ZA Log Tool. Or you can go to the PL Projects section and find a link to the site I have created for the ZA Log Tool.

Main Pharmicom Site:
    http://www.geocities.com/pharmicomlabs

Or if you want to go straight to the ZA Log Tool Page go here:
    http://www.geocities.com/pharmicomlabs/zatool/

If you have any problems with anything feel free to drop me an email
    Simon Templer

-The Buddha

Talking gratez

hey man nice tool it can help alot for users of za
    gratez

______ ______ ______ ______

I Am D3stR0y3r

______ ______ ______ ______