Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOS Attack

Post DOS Attack

OKie friend im writing abt. DOS, copying it from my mind no where else, letc what Terr and other have to say abt . this .
    It does not mean i have not read it from somewhere i have read abt these attacks atleast (not lieing) 5 months ago now im writing what i know .

DOS ATTACK :-

Basically DOS attack stand for Denial Of Services attack are used for preventing users to excess a network service. What ppl do is they launch attack on a specific server and shut it down this shutdown can be temparory and the server get back on track within few hours but it can also make the server sleep for a long time.

These attack are basically based on ping, with lots of packets of data which are difficult for the host machine to collect so it just got hanged. There are three possibilites what could be the result of such attacks

1) Hang the remote system.
    2) Reboot.
    3) Crash the remote server/system.

well oenthing more if u got sucessed in ur attack one another result will come which :-

U can caught breaking the cyber law.

There are three kinds of attack:-

1) Ping Of Death
    2) Syn Attack
    3) Tear Drop
    4) Land Attack
    5) Smurf Attack
    6) Distributed Dos Attack.( i think the most powerful and danger among all)

i will post remaining info later.

Thumbs down

There's another type of DoS attack. The type when people post huge amounts of data claiming it to be their own. You know the type, Kakokool. It takes up massive amounts of room and pisses off alot of people.....

Hem ... Some notes ...

Hello KakoKool ...

First of all, please, try to watch your grammar and spelling. It is very disturbing for the "non-englishman" I'm to have to correct in the context (for exemple "DOS are to make people avoid excess services", I guess it's access and not excess).

Second, It's quite strange, you are thinking like the mass. Why should it be only 3 kind of DOS ? Or maybe the future is known to you ? Why do you mention 6 "script-kid" tools and not the real effect behind them (IP overfragmentation, Stack Smashing and so on).

Third, please, VERIFY YOUR SOURCES! You seem to be a greedy reader! But too often, on the Internet, one text is only based on another, without writer's experience (I can't remember precise example right now, sorry). If someone said something completly stupid, it'll be relayed lots of time before noticed to be false.

At last, fourth, stand out of DOS, except for providing solutions. DOS are the "computer science murder". If you want to learn medicine, you start by learning what a computer is, how it works, and not by "Where can I find tools to kill that guy" ... I hope we'll soon read something really from you and your personnal experience!

Jean-Francois.

Banned
    Originally posted by 'I ain't got a clue, but I'll copy and paste some stuff from this el33t site I stumbled upon and post it'
    There are three kinds of attack:-

1) Ping Of Death
    2) Syn Attack
    3) Tear Drop
    4) Land Attack
    5) Smurf Attack
    6) Distributed Dos Attack.( i think the most powerful and danger among all)
    I'm pretty sure you didn't copy and paste this one, because most people who write how-to's can actually count...

Allow me to add 2 other kinds of attacks:

7) Google attack aka Denial of Copyrighted how-to's: use the flamer's best friend, Mr. Google, to track down the source of victim's post.

8) Flame attack aka Denial of Reply: search for all the threads your victim posted, copy and paste the stupidest things in it, and reply to it in a way your victim doesn't know what has come upon him.

Cool Dos is boss ?

Hello crazy people
    This is my first post so i wont ramble on 2 much

I am curious about my nbtstat on my dos and why is doesnt seem to work ?
    Say i want to stat an ip and i use the -a command (it says driver isnt loaded) + that goes for all the commands in nbtstat ?
    I am running windowz milly with 2k for a partition (did not know you cant just slap it over milly ya see)
    any help would be mucho nicey

I have tried the different attacks in dos just to learn whats what.

+ i am after linux mandrake/redhat but when i go for an ftp on the offical site i doesnt seem to get it sorted out.

Yes i'm a newbie gimme some slack here

Ron the don, I would recommend posting this in the newbie section forum. They are not talking about DOS(Disk Operating System) they are talking about Denial of Service attacks. Please watch where you are posting, because this can be found annoying.
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Wink To the victor got the spoils

No i was talking about denial of servie attacks when i said i had messed about with dos, that is what i meant.
    I should have been more specifc i know, sorry.(ie slamming out an ip/server with many pakcets..ect..ect)
    All to learn mind (you dont know it unless you can do it)

But in MS dos i still ask the question
    why wont my nbtstat drivers load
    on windowz milly/2k ?

any info please

Heres a good "true life" article on DDoS.

http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm

Originally posted by Craisins
    Heres a good "true life" article on DDoS.

http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm
    Now if im not mistaking the detail on the site u have given is abt the attack that were launched on grc.com( Dos attack) and im talking in general what these attack are :

Banned
    Please distuingish between Denial of Service [DoS] and DOS [Disk Operating System] and last time I checked about is not abbreviated to abt.

Jesus man, I hate to say it but youre really making life hard for yourself.