Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Program

Web Program

I finally got the issue with my router resolved, and the beginning of my site is up.
    Please check it out at http://gun-nuts.arecool.net and feel free to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I've already had one jackass tell me to get a life. I guess he doesn't agree with me.

Are you using windows 2000 pro or server?

I'm using Windows 2000 professional.

Ok, oddly enough it does come with some software for being a web server. If you setup to disable all application mappings and services you should be ok, after all Code Red for example was exploiting some dll in the system (don't remember the exact one). There is one downside to this, Win2k Pro limits you to only 10 connections as once. Meaning only 10 people at once time can surf your site. If you don't expect it to be busy like yahoo.com or anything, I would actually give this a try. You don't have to install anything, it's actually part of the add/remove portion of windows 2000 and there are a few components you will need from the windows 2000 pro cd to install all of this. Unless you want to wipe your system and install linux or some other OS, you could give this a try first. Would at least save you some time If you need more help, I can even come up with a document on how to setup a simple one with win2k pro. I'll just use one of my workstations here at work as a guide.

I agree that the built in program would be the best, but it won't install. It used to be there, but it got screwed up somehow, and won't run anymore. I need a different program, prererably freeware. Do you know of any?

Never mind. I got it reinstalled!

OK, I think I got everything working. If you want to see it, go to http://gun-nuts.arecool.net and let me know what you think. Please let me know if it's not working.

In my opinion you should make a site for people that have no graphics set on their browser preferences which means they can't see graphics thus most of your page. Plus expalin thet the nakude old guy jpg. is your'e E-mail
    G.G.

Nice page. I like your message when you first get to it.Not bad except the gun page doesn't work.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

That's why the "Under Construction" page is there.