Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacker Ethics Questions

Originally posted by KaKoKoOl
    I started my field as a hacker, i had lots of links to the ppl all over the world which were in this field too they used to guide me , how to do this and how to do that e.t.c. , I was very sucessfull in this field till last december i gain control over all the internet cafes in my city 3-4 in other cities, One multinational company of Australia 2 PC in LOndon and atleast 20 users in India. I wasn't felling inner satisfaction , in the mean time i passed a certificate exam of hacking, and i Join this site.
    Yes... on IRC you said you were a 'Certified Hacker'... certified by WHOM? It all depends. I could have a degree from a famous college in computer sciences, or a degree from Buttsniffer university of the town of ThreePeopleLivingHere... It all depends on who you got it from. And if you are already 'controlling internet cafes' for multinational companies... You must have mis-entered your ICQ information, saying you are 19... so which thing are you lying... no, which this is FALSE? Being 19, or being some bigshot? Or are you saying you're a PRODIGY too?

What missing in me was that i don't want to do this (hacking) for breaking laws
    The people who break laws are 'crackers', 'hackers' are good guys. At least, that's the slashdotted-crowd-opinion....
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Talking my resume

--> Terr it's not impossible, I mean I run security for all of Microsoft AND Intel, and do some beta-testing for VISA on the side, and I am only 6 years old and speak 14 languages, two of which i wrote the dictionary for. So give a guy a break, lol.
    Obey All Orders Without Question...The comfort you\'ve demanded is now mandatory. --Jello Biafra

tell me why

ok lets see the point

could anyone tell me why internet is progresing each day

why programs are in change ,they more secure ?????//

why tiny software is making a really good NAT PAT ,firewall....

why microsoft is pointing more to the security (let say this)

why.......why .....

ok
    i think that everyone of us know something about this why

hackers maybe they are wrong, maybe they are right but lets say
    "they are good enough to make things change for better"

that is what i think about them
    bye
    If God had intended
    Man to program,
    we would be born
    with serial I/O ports.

Originally posted by Terr

Yes... on IRC you said you were a 'Certified Hacker'... certified by WHOM? It all depends. I could have a degree from a famous college in computer sciences, or a degree from Buttsniffer university of the town of ThreePeopleLivingHere... It all depends on who you got it from. And if you are already 'controlling internet cafes' for multinational companies... You must have mis-entered your ICQ information, saying you are 19... so which thing are you lying... no, which this is FALSE? Being 19, or being some bigshot? Or are you saying you're a PRODIGY too?

Well there is nothing wrong abt. my age according to My YOB i.e 1981 im 20+ u can c my date of birth on ICQ and as i have told u that i m using computers when i was 12 and if im not mistaking i said im hacking for last 3 yrs. i think a person at age 20 and 3 yrs in the field of hacking can easily gain control over the Cafe's and Companies if he/she know how to do that .

Adding one more thing abt. myself i've done my graduation in Computer sciences (BCS) recently. Abt. that certificate im not saying that the certification exam that i have passes is world wide recognize or I have done a remarkable thing.

The people who break laws are 'crackers', 'hackers' are good guys. At least, that's the slashdotted-crowd-opinion....

Before i join antionline i was a (cracker 80% and hacker 20%) and now i have changed my line and learning things that could help me for fighting back in this cyberspace and which i've left learning in the past.

What I like with this guy is that he has such a small conversation that he has to quote the whole text he replied to.

Also the "When I was young <bla bla bla> I was a dreadful hacker <bla

What I like with this guy is that he has such a small conversation that he has to quote the whole text he replied to.

Also the "When I was young <bla bla bla> I was a dreadful cracker <bla bla bla> and I was one day touched by honnesty <bla bla bla>"

Jean-Francois Gobin

Banned
    KaKoKoOl, you still don't get that quoting-thing, do you?

Well, allow me:

[You start by quoting Terr:]

Originally posted by Terr
    [Then you reply to that quote:]

Well there is nothing wrong abt. my age according to My YOB i.e 1981 im 20+ u can c my date of birth on ICQ and as i have told u that i m using computers when i was 12 and if im not mistaking i said im hacking for last 3 yrs. i think a person at age 20 and 3 yrs in the field of hacking can easily gain control over the Cafe's and Companies if he/she know how to do that .

Adding one more thing abt. myself i've done my graduation in Computer sciences (BCS) recently. Abt. that certificate im not saying that the certification exam that i have passes is world wide recognize or I have done a remarkable thing.

[You make it sound like Terr said this...]

I just realized we're getting off-topic here again...
    So Timmy, may I suggest The Mentor's famous last words ?

Talking

When I was younger, a hacker was someone who loved computers. They loved to take them apart, put them together, upgrade, write software, use software, or find anyway to use a computer instead of something else (pictures, music, etc). If you were watching a hacker, you didn't see someone sitting in a dark corner with punk metal music playing and government programs scrolling across the screen. It was just a normal person using the computer, knowing what the difference between RAM and ROM, knowing about network configurations, knowing the difference between a computer running a program and someone thinking it's crashed because it takes more than 1 second to load a program. If your friends needed help, you were the man/woman they turned too. You were the person in the know about computers. Just like having friends that are masters of auto mechanics, you were the master of the computer mechanics so to speak. It was just a knack you had, you didn't know how the hell the engine in a car works or how to manage your credit card debt. When it came to computers though, that was open country for you. It didn't matter what it was, if it had buttons and an enter key, you could figure it out. It didn't matter what the program was, given enough time you would figure it out. You were the one that knew all the "undocumented features" of software/hardware. With that knowledge you can lead a professional career, help your friends, help others across the world through the Internet. This doesn't make you a god-like being just because you know the difference between ftp and http. It was just something that people respected about you, just like you would respect things about them. My best friend could rebuild the engine in my car as fast I could rebuild his PC. We both respected each other for that, one didn't make us better than the other.

But.....as time goes on.
    Computer crimes galore, website defacing, stolen money, what was the source of it all? Well gee wiz, a hacker was someone who knows a lot about computers and well this is all computer related, so I guess only a hacker could pull this off. Now a days with the media turning this into a circus, a hacker became a cracker that became criminal because he was a hacker to begin with. The term hacker must mean someone who breaks into computers right? Or wait, a cracker was, but he had help from the hacker right? Or maybe a hacker and cracker are the same, let's tell the public that. The term has been used and abused so much, I wish they would invent a new word. I use to smile when people called me a hacker, but now I shy away from the term. Yeah, we all know better here, but the rest of the world doesn't. We now hide behind names such as Security Expert , (insert software here) Certified , (insert hardware here) Certified , and Computer Expert .

Ok, after that long speech, I'll answer your questions with my opinion:
    I am a college student conducting a sociological study on hackers and hacking. I mainly concerned about the ethics of a hacker. What it is that you guys believe. Why do you do what you do? Do you feel that it is right? Do you separate yourselves from crackers, or are they essentially the same term? Feel free to answer this or email me. Rant as much as you want, I'm very interested in hearing what you have to say. Thank you.
    1) I believe that when we take a great interest in something, we learn as much as we can. Experiment, exchange ideas with others, and most of all enjoy every moment of it!!

2) I do this because it's just what I am. We are neither ashamed of what we are, nor are we so proud that we are blinded into thinking everyone else is inferior to us.

3) If it didn't feel right, we wouldn't be here to begin with.

4) Most separate themselves from crackers. One doesn't consider himself/herself to be the same as the other
    counter-part so to speak.

I don't have a long list of defaced sites or a database of credit card numbers to prove I'm a hacker or a cracker. I don't think your question related to that anyway, hope this long winded reply does help though

This will probably help you weed out the banter from the information. If you look under the screenname of members you will see boxes of different colors if you click on them it will tell you approxametly how many positive or negative antipoints someone has.

positive antipoints (green boxes) - that is good, that user is respected and is to be listened to.

Negative antipoints (grey boxes) - this means that that user is not to be listened to and his opinion should be taken with caution.
    P.S. look at my previous post for an answer to you're question.
    G.G.

Originally posted by grigri9

Negative antipoints (grey boxes) - this means that that user is not to be listened to and his opinion should be taken with caution.
    I do not think that is exactly what JP says in his post regarding Antipoints. A person can get grey in many ways for there post's a person can receive negative points and still have valid points in there posts. You can receive negative points because a person doesnt like you, disagree's with your post or any other reason someone decides to give you a negative vote. Just because a person's colour is not green does not mean the person is not to be listened to . as you state as you state "this means that that user is not to be listened to "

mike
    Mike M aka greyhairedwolf
    ----------------------------------------------
    Eight Words The Wiccan Rede Fulfills
    \"An it harm none do what you will\"
    ----------------------------------------------
    A mind is like a parachute it only works
    WHEN OPEN