Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hacker Ethics Questions

T3h Ch3F

Question All spelling aside.............KAKO!!!!!!!

Kako: I am being fair by disregarding your past posts. However I am amazed by your latest ones. I will not go to the trouble of Quoting you. As far as I can tell, you need to remember exactly what kind of people are reading your posts. Some of us might be simpletons......cretins......ect. Yet many are not. First of all your claims are incredibly bold. Apparently you are "L33t", so you say. Yet I see little tangible evidence to support your claims. Your Grammar is poor, perhaps you are learning the language, I have given you the benefit of the doubt on that issue. Yet you persist in telling us all that your 80/20 Hacker Cracker, bla bla bla.............. If I was a profiler, I would most certainly classify you as a Masochist, hell bent on being flamed. As I tell my Employees regarding their performance, "Dont tell me how good you are, Show me!" I will repeat myself because I am only on my first beer, of many to numb me from reading your drivel. Only a fool, admits, claims, recounts, spews.......Ect. Knowledge of a specific nature, as you do. If you need negative attention, your in heaven now buddy. I said before speak your mind, yet filter it through your cortex first, much like those routers you "Own" all over the planet. Information must be properly processed to be effective.

Good Liars give details, Clever ones Give None.
    -Heard it somewhere.

After beer 7 I realized that my spelling sux. Thus the edit.

Originally posted by KaKoKoOl
    I personally agree with Craisins that Crackers are nothing but "cript kiddies" i should add they are lamerz
    Lamerz? Hmmmmmmm. Anyway, this was just funny, because I thought of: Crypt Kiddies!!! They are either PGP junkies, or a new kind of shambling undead creature to find in dungeons!

True, Antipoints are hardly everything. Why, just today, I looked at my overview screen... and... it's weird. I got THREE green antipoints in the row, at the same time, with the same comment... can you say: "Bug in system."?

As for negative antipoints....

Grey means you have nearly 0 antipoints... grey could either be only a few positive antipoints, or only a few negative ones. Red means you have a significant number of negative antipoints. Green means you have a significant number of positive ones. So if you see a lot of reds, then it's probably bad...

At least, that's what I'm guessing because of the antipoint image names. Whether JP uses the red ones eventually or not, we'll see. I think the grey ones in the 'recieved antipoints' are supposed to be red, though, since you can't vote nuetral.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Did someone say PHP? This would appear to be "the perfect troll" Appears, posts once and revels in the ensuing mire of flames and lamerz

Anyway...I've been a hacker since I was 2 or was that..anyway..yeah where was I?

I always thought a hacker was someone who gets his hands dirty messing about with code.
    Now thats changed though and I don't know what the hell I am.
    I've never broken into a computer system that I didn't own and certainly never defaced a website.
    What am I? A coder, a hacker, geek?

Banned
    Maybe youre a security enthuasist, I think I strive to learn but unlike real hackers lack the amazing ability to take on any aspect of computing.

Crackers well real crackers I suppose are hackers who want to make things easy for themselves by disrespecting their ability by abusing it. They are skilled but dont use these skills for constructive methods.

Hackers - Personal Satisfaction
    Crackers - Personal Gain
    Script Kiddies - Personal Gratification/Pride
    Security Ethuasists - Personal Safety on the net.

Hacker? what's a hacker?

I think you'll have to clarify exactly what you mean by "hacker." If you're refering the the standard script kiddie defacing websites their motives are pretty simple and well documented.

But there wouldn't be any of those around here, right?

Wanna know? Real bad?

Hackers are your friends! They are the guys you turn to when something goes wrong on your computer, they are your tech support, they are Network and System Admins. they are the geek that lives down the road...they ARE NOT the ones defacing websites...breaking into bank accounts and sending virii!!!! This is an evil evil misconception that have given many good people a bad rap. When a person breaks into a bank and needs someone to open up the safe, they call on a safe cracker not a safe hacker...script-kiddies and crackers are not the ones to be blamed for nothing...I am not a hacker...I am not good enough...but someday I will be...and I don't want to be thought of as the guy you should look out for...so the next time you talk to a hacker...thank him/her...you'll make their day a whole lot better...thank you!!!!!

I read this page for security tips and tricks. I also rather enjoy reading alt.hackers. According to alt.hackers a hack is a work around to problem encounter. A hack does not have to involve a computer.

If we are going to get into defining a hacker I will give the dictionary version then my personal

Main Entry: hackĀ·er
    Pronunciation: 'ha-k&r
    Function: noun
    Date: 14th century
    1 : one that hacks
    2 : a person who is inexperienced or unskilled at a particular activity <a tennis hacker>
    3 : an expert at programming and solving problems with a computer
    4 : a person who illegally gains access to and sometimes tampers with information in a computer system

Hacker

My understanding is close to number 3. A person who solves problems with a computer. But I also believe it goes into modifying the system or software to make it function to a manner that we want.

mikey
    Mike M aka greyhairedwolf
    ----------------------------------------------
    Eight Words The Wiccan Rede Fulfills
    \"An it harm none do what you will\"
    ----------------------------------------------
    A mind is like a parachute it only works
    WHEN OPEN

Talking Thanks for your input.

I just want to thank you guys for all of your input. I don't know a whole lot about hacking or this website, but I do appreciate all your help. If any of you are interested in answering some more in depth questions, please email me at SZachmann@lifeassociates.com. Thank you again for your help.

Banned

some one

some one ont his board has what i think a good defintition of a hacker is please post a msg to show everyone what it is? whoever u are