Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: free games'?

Question free games'?

i wonder,in this world exist sites where i can download complete free games??

please help me¡

That's called warez. I don't support it, but I AM guilty of trying in the past. Getting warez games is very hard. I think you will find it easier to just buy the game.

I will assume that you do not mean shareware programs since anyone can type free games into a search engine and get 10,000 or more hit's. So therefore I assume you are looking for warez
    {origianl text edited so as not to give impression I support Warez}I believe that the person who wrote the code for that game deserves to receive the royalties due them. Use the demo of a game, decide if you like it and if you do buy it. Or stick with freeware/shareware games that are cheaper.
    Mike M aka greyhairedwolf
    ----------------------------------------------
    Eight Words The Wiccan Rede Fulfills
    \"An it harm none do what you will\"
    ----------------------------------------------
    A mind is like a parachute it only works
    WHEN OPEN

just to add another note to that one about royaltys, if you DO decide to download warez games you have 2 things to deal with:
    1) you will probably have to get some sort of a crack to deal with the authentisity checks the game inevedibly does
    2) if you do it alot, you will have to be extremely carefull that you dont get any trojans on your system...remember that there are trojans like sub7(best friend of the script kiddie and used as an example because of its popularity) that come with binders built in and the program install file may have it as well as any files you download to crack the game
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Let us not forget how hard it is to navigate the warez world with all the links leading you in circles, dead links, bad files, and such. By the time you find the game, download it (usually at least 20 files), scan it for trojans, install it, and crack it, you will probably wish you had just bought it legitimately.

Re: free games'?

Originally posted by changin
    i wonder,in this world exist sites where i can download complete free games??

please help me¡

Hmmmm ... You can find several complete games for linux. For free.

But if you mean "commercial games", I think that asking that here would be roughly the same as asking 'where can I find some drugs' in a police convention.

Before trying to download a complete commercial game from the internet, try programming one yourself. You will realize how it could be hard. And why professional programmers ask to be paid for that.

Jean-Francois.

There are quite a few online games that offer free trials and so on, try www.10six.com or www.mankind.net. They do require you to pay after the trial though

If you are interested in free gaming where you provide your own effort in exchange for game play, try becoming a beta tester. If you provide good feedback to the developers as a beta tester you will find more and more offers to try and beta test new games. A good place to get started with this is www.gamespot.com.

cheers
    I\'m not a BOT I\'m a beer droid!
    Prepare to be Assimilated.

Well Try www.zeropaid.com and download kazaa it has full version games and cracks they mostly always work and its free p-2-p rulez

~ Neo

Genocide/Neo...
    Well Try www.zeropaid.com and download kazaa it has full version games and cracks they mostly always work and its free p-2-p rulez

~ Neo
    This is a security site. Those types of activities are frowned upon here at AO. If you continue to post like this... you will find your self banned. By activities... I mean promoting and suggestion of using stolen/cracked software.

Just a friendly reminder.

I would advise you to read the site FAQ's and also read the stickys that are at the top of most discussion forums.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

hi

also try a google search for 'abandonware', games which are no longer sold or marketed. but this is a gray area though in terms of licencing and legality and stuff. might want to read the following cnet link about this (which i found in google just then) http://www.cnet.com/techtrends/0-1544321-7-2409520.html

regards,
    mark.
    \'hi, welcome to *****. if you would like to speak to an operator, please hang up now.\'
    * click *