Thread: First Part of the Newbie FAQ (Rough Draft)

Smile First Part of the Newbie FAQ (Rough Draft)

Hello Everyone...

I have finished the first of four parts of the AO Newbie FAQ.

I created a quick little site, and uploaded it to my site for viewing

My site is:
    http://www.geocities.com/pharmicomlabs

There is a link on the main page straight to the AO Newbie FAQ page. Also there is a link posted under "PL Projects". If you have any problems downloading or accessing a page please let me know so I can correct the problem.

Please take a look at it and tell me what you think, what you don't like, and what you think should be improved. Remember that the purpose of the FAQ assemblage is to benefit EVERYONE!

The first part: General Security Questions is in M$ Word Format (for the purpose of editing). I have Zipped it and it is a total of 28K. When the other 3 sections have been completed I will concatenate them and distribute the entire document in HTML, PDF, and DOC formats (maybe TXT too)

As I complete each section I will post them on my site...and post updates about my progress here as well.

Again I would like to thank everyone who has made contributions and given their support.

Thanks
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

I'll try to get around to finishing and sending that Trojan FAQ thing.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

excellent Simon...I appreciate all that you and everyone who is writing the articles are doing. All of you are making this a terrific forum that is educational.

Oh BTW
    if your the saint i aint lettin u near any valuables
    Mike M aka greyhairedwolf
    ----------------------------------------------
    Eight Words The Wiccan Rede Fulfills
    \"An it harm none do what you will\"
    ----------------------------------------------
    A mind is like a parachute it only works
    WHEN OPEN

Lightbulb great job simon keep it up

hey man simon greate job..i saw that and that is really great...good job...
    simon...

hey simon here are some sites from my side...on tutorials on various programming languages and books... :-

1)www.programmersheaven.com :- for all turorials on programming.
    2)www.codecranker.com :- one more for the same
    3)www.codepile.com
    4)www.cprogramming.com :- an exclusive site on c programming and how to create games using C and C++, also compilers and game codes.
    5)www.programmerszone.com
    6)www.vcworld.f2s.com :- hope u will find helpful...

all the best....

intruder .....

Thumbs up Re: First Part of the Newbie FAQ (Rough Draft)

Originally posted by Simon Templer
    The first part: General Security Questions is in M$ Word Format (for the purpose of editing).
    Err... Sounds like a bad excuse to me..; Word saves directly into *.html (okay, might not do very "smart" code, but does it), so it wouldn't have taken over 10 seconds of you to make it directly to html... Anyway, a good project indeed! Did you include the famous "Newbies, read this first!!" message or are you planning to include the buffer overflow -explanation which someone posted just a couple of days ago? Of course you should ask for permission of the writers of those, but I'm sure everyone would like to help with this project.

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Thanks You's

Hello Everyone...

First... Intruder - Thank you for the links and I will be sure to include them in the programming section.. I'm gald you like the FAQ!

Second.. Zero One :

Originally posted by Simon Templer
    The first part: General Security Questions is in M$ Word Format (for the purpose of editing).
    I apologize if it sounded like an excuse...that was not my intention. The reason I have it in M$ Format is because it is easier for ME to edit. Your right...I probably should have done a quick save..as and saved it in HTML format. I honestly didn't think to do it...Thanks for the suggestion though and thanks for the positive feedback!

I think from now on, when I publish the next few parts of the FAQ, I will do so via HTML format.
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Thumbs up

the faq is great, cause im a n00b and i wanna learn to work with unix/linux -> i bought linux today:P
    also i wanna learn to code in c/c++ so i wanna thank the guy who posted the links

hope i can learn much of u guys here in the forum

harlekin
    (hope my english is not so bad cause im from austria)
    The question is not if u are paranoid, the question is if u are paranoid enough...