Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antipoints......

Antipoints......

Here's a thought of mine. The majority of us like antipoints. And I, for one, would like to know who gives them to me. Seems how the system wont let us know who gave them, i'm just asking people to put their sn at the end of their comments so that we know who gave them to us. just an idea, what do the rest of you think?

-havanger

?

What is an "sn"?

Bye,

dude, sn is screen name, also called a handle. hmm...

-havanger

No need to be rude Mr. Havanger.

Thanks,

my two and a half cents

why must i persist?...anyways...that would be a nice idea...but do we put our "sc's" when we give neg points? And if we did would that start a big battle and the whole AntiPoints system become a complete waste of time...I think some of the neg points I have recieved have been rude...people could really give me some constructive criticism other than "post whore" come on now...I will make it a point to put my "sc" and a detailed reason on why I gave them the points neg or pos...thanks for opening my eyes havenger...but please don't expect everyone to know all the acronyms for everything...have a little understanding...now dislex knows something he didn't before...

Banned
    Man if we put screen names beside your antipoints then if you get negative antipoints youll just get the guy that did it and give him negative antipoints thus creating a vicious circle.

After you give someone an Antipoint, positive/negative you can't give them another one unless you give Antipoints to some other users first. Its kind if a little feature that JP put in so we can't kepp giving Antipoints to one person.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Banned
    Oh I seethanks for pointing that out. Well its a good feature anyway.

I kind of got the impression that the antipoints were here to help filter out posts which serve no purpose but to flame or make someone angry.
    I don't feel that negative points should be given for different opinions. I don't believe they should be given for incorrect postings as well, everyone makes mistakes.

I do believe that negative points have their use for people posting just to make others angry or just to be an *******. Topics that start with "give me program to hack boss's computer or else" or "hey you bunch of *******s, help me or I'll DoS you because I'm l337" deserve negative points, they don't serve any purpose except to show how stupid someone is.

The point system should be there to help you get a quick summary of what kind of response/info a person will give you. I think I've only seen one or two people here with a bunch of red points, meaning lots of negative points given to him/her. Doesn't mean I think this person is an instant lamer, only that I don't take what he/she says seriously or into any consideration. Just think of the red dots as a marker of age 5 red dots, means 5 year old person for example

AntiPoints

I too support AntiPoints and think it is a nice feature. Although I am confused about a couple of it's features.
    1. How long do I have to go between giving points to a particular person. If I log in and read say 3 or 4 different post's by a person example Simon or Terr or one of a dozen other people that regularly contribute excellent post's I can give a postitive or negative vote on one of those posts and then it is usually a day or two before I can vote on that person's articles again. So if the first post they write I believe is helpful and i vote and the rest is garbage i cannot vote on each article. (not that it is likely to happen gang)
    2. My grey light....boo hoo still grey...and likely to stay that way since. I generally get things like
    Thread Comment
    Say hello to everyone
    10-17-2001 02:26 AM Well said.
    Say hello to everyone
    10-17-2001 02:26 AM man , **** you
    One person gave me a green postive antipoint and the next gave me a nice fat red one....was about the same post one person liked it one person hated it. That's the way it goes u can't please everyone.
    Mike M aka greyhairedwolf
    ----------------------------------------------
    Eight Words The Wiccan Rede Fulfills
    \"An it harm none do what you will\"
    ----------------------------------------------
    A mind is like a parachute it only works
    WHEN OPEN